Deep dish rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep dish rims

Just thought i'd update ya incase anyone else with three piece split rims wanted to do likewise, i had to strip two of mine as i blew the seals (see IOTY)
    and ended up reversing the spider so the inner rim was on the outside giveing me a deep dish wheel, i found it's working ok, turning without catching on anything (bear in mind i havs a 2" body lift, not sure about standard) i removed the 30mm spacers so in theory less stress on the bearings (?) or at least back to standard, downside is you got a lot of polishing to do unless you paint em, two back'uns to do and just realised i got no spare now as the spares are on the back, so this is when i'll get a sodding puncture
    Just have to make some arch extensions as thier pokeing out about an inch,
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

looking the dogs danglies mate.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
      looking the dogs danglies mate.
      Hehehe flatulance will get you nowwhere

Comment

nice bling
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Ian , you have done exactly wot the wheels were designed for . Many of the race boys would use different offset outer rims and put them on either side of the centre main rim to set up the vehicles . I discussed this with Surferjess and compaired his and another Surf at Tony and Linda's BBQ with the same as you have done .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I really like those wheels. Wot r they and where can u get them from???????

Comment

What did you use in the end to seal the rim halves with the spider Ian?
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

And i thought i'd descovered something new Rick hehe well i'm just glad i've not f**ked things up like i useually do,
                I got em off ebay Clayton, never seen any since except on a jap auction site and they were gold centered, i'm on the lookout for another one for the spare (carrier) or at least similar
                Andy i used some expansion joint sealer (non silicon) my brother in law got from work, it seems sturdy stuff and so far it's holding up ok, the tyre guy was impressed with it, I did put it on thick, put it between the join then a layer over the joint when it was bolted up and another layer over that when the first had dried, better than paying £60 a wheel to those to**ers at milton keynes
                Last edited by POPEYE; 28 August 2007, 20:40.

Comment

Working...
                X