yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with viewing a motor, Midlands guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with viewing a motor, Midlands guys?

Hi there!
    I'm in the process of looking for a 3L 2nd gen Hilux and, taking the advice of a fellow member here, may I ask whether there would be any of you from the Midlands region willing/interested in coming along to have a look with me (when I find one) as I really never have tested a Hilux before, and my experience with this machine is absolutely zero?
    Many thanks.

Yep, if it's west Mids (I'm in Malvern, near Worcester)
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks for that, appreciate it. Please do let me know if you hear of any Hilux around your area (looking now at around £3600-700, but must p/x).

Comment

Originally posted by Surf-wannabe
        Thanks for that, appreciate it. Please do let me know if you hear of any Hilux around your area (looking now at around £3600-700, but must p/x).
        i'll keep my eyes open down here.i know its a fair way to travel but if its the right one it may be worth it

what motor have you got for p/x
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Surf-wannabe
          Hi there!
          I'm in the process of looking for a 3L 2nd gen Hilux and, taking the advice of a fellow member here, may I ask whether there would be any of you from the Midlands region willing/interested in coming along to have a look with me (when I find one) as I really never have tested a Hilux before, and my experience with this machine is absolutely zero?
          Many thanks.
          If you find one in the Herts/Beds area then i'll be happy to meet up with you and give it a going over just let me know when and where

Cheers
          Paul

Comment

take a look at this one ? good price ,looks like a dealer so may PX?
            he's up your way
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-TOYOTA-Hi...QQcmdZViewItem

I am to far away from you, also my mechanical knowledge is not that
            great. Good luck mate .

Cheers Chris
            GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by poppy986
              take a look at this one ? good price ,looks like a dealer so may PX?
              he's up your way
              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-TOYOTA-Hi...QQcmdZViewItem

I am to far away from you, also my mechanical knowledge is not that
              great. Good luck mate .

Cheers Chris
              Uh... no-no! Thanks for taking the time to show it to me; I don't really want a 3rd gen because for one, it's too big and cumbersome for my needs and it's become far too bling-bling for my taste. Which is a shame, really!

Comment

No worries, thats why I run a 91 2nd gen , had her nearly 6 years now
                but in my oppinion it "looks right" , just got to keep her on the roard ha ha

It just looked a nice truck for the cash .
                If you feel really shrewed you could pick one up from one of the dock side
                auctions , 2 at southampton and 1 at portbury, thats what most of the dealers do, athough they will tell you that they go out to Japan to sourse
                there own cars , yeah right .

Or keep an eye out on the for sale part of the forumat least you may get
                some history with the truck from a member selling it .

Good luck though, the surf is the best all round car that I have owned
                does every thing I ask for and makes me smile .
                Chris
                GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by poppy986
                  No worries, thats why I run a 91 2nd gen , had her nearly 6 years now
                  but in my oppinion it "looks right" , just got to keep her on the roard ha ha

It just looked a nice truck for the cash .
                  If you feel really shrewed you could pick one up from one of the dock side
                  auctions , 2 at southampton and 1 at portbury, thats what most of the dealers do, athough they will tell you that they go out to Japan to sourse
                  there own cars , yeah right .

Or keep an eye out on the for sale part of the forumat least you may get
                  some history with the truck from a member selling it .

Good luck though, the surf is the best all round car that I have owned
                  does every thing I ask for and makes me smile .
                  Chris
                  Second that !!!! If ya can find a good en, it'll pay dividends
                  In over 6 years, Iv'e spent no more than £600 in maintenance /repairs etc

There's always a Payback .... Just when ya don't expect it !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                  X