not surf related but advise plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not surf related but advise plz

ok i went to see friend who are down on holiday in devon n they got a Toyota Estima Emina 2.2 turbo Diesel they came down from liverpool towing a caravan but on way down they had probs with car throwing out steam n over heating bloke at garage spose to be a import garage told them head had gone but he didnt know where the fuse boxes was on the car even so what you guys opinion.

could it be head or head gasket gone or something else but they say car ok when its not towing so any ideas what it could be?
    Last edited by pirate-storm; 24 August 2007, 10:21.

Originally posted by pirate-storm
    ok i went to see friend who are down on holiday in devon n they got a Toyota Estima Emina 2.2 turbo Diesel they came down from liverpool towing a caravan but on way down they had probs with car throwing out steam n over heating bloke at garage spose to be a import garage told them head had gone but he didnt know where the fuse boxes was on the car even so what you guys opinion.

could it be head or head gasket gone or something else but they say car ok when its not towing so any ideas what it could be?
    sounds to me like a crack in the head that opens up with the added strain of the tow load - engine working harder = more heat, obviously just a stab in the dark...perhaps ask tonyn later?
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

As a temporary stop gap you could try to trick the electric fan into running all the time whilst towing with a bypass switch good for sitting in traffic to boost the air flow through the rad when sitting still
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
        As a temporary stop gap you could try to trick the electric fan into running all the time whilst towing with a bypass switch good for sitting in traffic to boost the air flow through the rad when sitting still
        good idea mark i will mention that to him when i see him online later but how would he do that as im n neither is he mechanically minded but the fan might just do the job like you said to get him back to liverpool cheers m8

Comment

Not sure if this helps, but some years ago had a similar problem on my Bluebird towing a camping trailer (probably weighed as much as a caravan with what we had in it!).
          RAC bloke bypassed the switch/sensor for the fan so it was always on, just to get us home.
          Problem turned out to be that most of the corrugated bits in the radiator were missing.
          New rad solved problem.
          Sorry but dont know how he did it but, if your mates in the RAC or AA try calling them out to have a look and hope it is only the rad.
          Ken
          [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
          X