Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on 1990 2.0ltr automatic Surf???

Hi All,
    After a loooong absence and many Range Rovers later i am back and have just put a dep on the above vehicle but i cannot find any info on this particular model and is the 2.0 a good or bad engine Can anyone tell me what the engine id number is or can anyone point me in the right direction please. Oh i forgot tro mention i intend fitting a RV8 and ZF box eventually if anyone has any experience or advice this mod it would be very much appreciated
    Cheers,
    Chas.

Originally posted by cbv8
    Hi All,
    After a loooong absence and many Range Rovers later i am back and have just put a dep on the above vehicle but i cannot find any info on this particular model and is the 2.0 a good or bad engine Can anyone tell me what the engine id number is or can anyone point me in the right direction please. Oh i forgot tro mention i intend fitting a RV8 and ZF box eventually if anyone has any experience or advice this mod it would be very much appreciated
    I take it you mean the 2.4 which is a LN130.Some of the 2.4's suffer head probs on them but service it well and look after it you should be ok,i'm not saying the head will go or won't but its like any motor you can never tell until it goes.I can see you and Stein hold race days when you got that fitted.
    Oh and welcome back
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
      I take it you mean the 2.4 which is a LN130.Some of the 2.4's suffer head probs on them but service it well and look after it you should be ok,i'm not saying the head will go or won't but its like any motor you can never tell until it goes.I can see you and Stein hold race days when you got that fitted.
      Oh and welcome back
      There are a few rare 2.0 petrol 2nd Gens.
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Oh and welcome back
        No its definatly a 2.0 sorry forgot to say it is a petrol engine model
        Cheers,
        Chas.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          There are a few rare 2.0 petrol 2nd Gens.
          Well whip me with a feather and i'll die laughing i never knew that Rick.I suppose they are the change over from 1st to 2nd gen

Comment

No its definatly a 2.0 sorry forgot to say it is a petrol engine model
            so has yours got the detatchable top

Comment

it could be the 3y-j engine.have a look on the id plate.if so i have one of those in a 1st gen.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Does anyone know this car it's still advertised in Autotrader under Toyota Surf 2.0 £975 i managed to get him down a couple of hundred. The reason being i haven't actually heard it run yet ie tried to start it but stater just clicking. Silly of me i know but it is a very tidy motor and cheep cheep and just round the corner from me and the condition on my dep is that if it is not the s.motor and something more serious i will walk away with my dep back we will see tomorrow when i investigate
                Cheers,
                Chas.

Comment

so has yours got the detatchable top
                  I think it will be the 2nd gen as on a 1990 . It may have a different lump from the 3Y , maybe R series .

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                    I think it will be the 2nd gen as on a 1990 . It may have a different lump from the 3Y , maybe R series .
                    So come on then whats the 2.0 lump like is it a gem or a dog mated to the autobox i can imagine it being a bit of a slug or am i wrong any advice pleeeease
                    Cheers,
                    Chas.

Comment

So come on then whats the 2.0 lump like is it a gem or a dog mated to the autobox i can imagine it being a bit of a slug or am i wrong any advice pleeeease
                      depends on what engine it is.and if its been abused.what you have to remember is the surf weighs near on two ton.so dont expect it to be a tarmac tearing monster,coz it wont be and with an auto box it wont be as quick of the mark as a manual.or as economical.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

I've checked the ad on autotrader . No engine shot , so unable to confirm type ,but as you say , looks clean . Nice rims .
                        As Mark says , 2.0 is no rocket . I took out my 2.0 and put a 2.2 in. Bit more torque and gets me away from chavs a little better .

Comment

Can't be any slower than the 2.4 diesel in mine!! 0 - 60 time is....... eventually!!

Comment

Nev
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi All,
                              Right first of all thanks for all the replies i am now at the stage that i may put the RV8 conversion on hold till i get all the info bits and prices first So may just drive my 2.0 petrol slug my problem is i make quite a few journeys to my van in Devon and am worried it won't make it up Telegraph hill Whats everyones well the 3 of us that own 2.0 petrol Surfs that is what is your experiences of this engine and what mpg can i expect don't forget mine is an auto aswell Any MORE info and owner experiences of this model very very much apprecited as info is very thin on the ground for this model oh what i do know is it's single point injection i think
                              Cheers,
                              Chas.

Comment

Working...
                              X