Lucky escape !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky escape !

Had a lucky escape yesterday on my way back from a booze cruse from Calais. The trip there was fine the truck preformed well (as always) and as normal customs pulls me in for there usual harassment on the way out of the country !. Anyway on the way back customs decide to also pull me in but this time for nearly an hour and search the truck for GUNS AND EXPLOSIVES dogs and all ! they were not even worried about the food and drink I had ! So I'm now well pi$$ed off and know that I'm likely to get caught up in traffic now thanks to the delay, so I started my journey from dover to Southampton now knowing I had to make time up. All was going well and not even that much traffic until the A3 turning on the M25, I was going to head down the M3 but thought I might as well go down the A3 and A31 route. As I came off the motorway I got caught at the lights and saw some steam coming out from under the bonnet looked at the temp gauge and all was fine. So carried on till I got to the garage a mile or so up the road as I pulled up there was a big puff of steam and the temp gauge went sky high into the red. Turn the engine off straight away and lifted the bonnet expecting the worse. As it turned out it was a "T" piece I'd used to fit the fuel heater had split. But lucky for me it had left about a 1/4 inch or so to reconnect the hose, so after about 3L of water later I started her up and thankfully all seems fine,drove home slowly and stopping every so often just to check and I'm happy to say I made it home (some what later than I hoped !) safe and sound. Now does anyone know if they make these "T" pieces in metal as don't want this to happen again ? Cheer John
    Last edited by John McC; 18 August 2007, 03:37.

You could use a Copper T piece from a Plumbers Merchant or B & Q.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Look on the bright side maybe if you hadn't been held up you'd have sped down the motor way without being held up and not noticed the steam. Then by the time youd' noticed it could have been too late.

Were you waving you samami around as you left the port
      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        You could use a Copper T piece from a Plumbers Merchant or B & Q.
        Must admit did think about that I was going to get the diy type with solder ring already in (heated up to remove the solder) to act as a seal and to stop it sliding out.

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
          Look on the bright side maybe if you hadn't been held up you'd have sped down the motor way without being held up and not noticed the steam. Then by the time youd' noticed it could have been too late.
          True
          Were you waving you samami around as you left the port
          No but best thing was the dog didn't find the flare in the passenger side foot well

Comment

Working...
          X