Top mount vs Front mount intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    Wont development consist on buying a front mount cooler and some hose?

Oi - I might go into production so I'm trying to make this all sound as complex as possible!

Doesn't look difficult, other than routing the pipe to the left end of the cooler as the steering is in the way, and I kinda need that bit
    Different coolers have different inlet/outlet configurations so we may not have a problem with your steering.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

What do you want the extra power for Wasp?
      why does anyone want extra power? because it's available!

Comment

Originally posted by wasp132
        Fair 'nuff!

I'm just trying to keep mine simple. There's enough to go wrong as it is, and I still say the 3.0TD is plenty powerful enough offroad / towing / recovery etc so even if Boyo comes up with a reasonable plan, I reckon there's still things I'd do with thye money before intercooling.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by wasp132
          Hehe your just being greedy! we 2.4 owners need the extra power just to bring em in line with the 3lt's, the Boyo's right, check out the hose run your gonna need before you commit to a rad, the stuff aint cheap, mine was a nightmare, thought i was doing well as Jotto gave me the L200 rad but it still cost me around £140 in sillycon bits, i still have a trooper rad if your desperate, just the postage! its got a ding on one of the tubes and you'll need to get the outlet bits from IZUSU dealer (or make something), its smaller than the L200 and comes with all the dead spiders i got with it
          Attached Files
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
          X