Surf Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woodzie
    Thats cos it has technical problems ..........That first gen will wee all over you when it's sorted
    thats what happens when you $$$$ in the carb.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
      So can anyone confirm if there is an cut off age for bull bar legality?

It looks like the gen 3 may have lost the recaro interior Is this correct? What about the inclinometer?
      Dont bother with an inclinometer. When the angles get big, your butt cheeks will tell you how far over you are
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        Cheers mate!

Did you see the 'crossmember' thread on the other forum? 'Budbuilt' crossmember which gives the transfer box protection and provides a couple of inches better clearance...

They look like a nice project do they not?
        i'll go have a looksy.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

It looks like the gen 3 may have lost the recaro interior Is this correct? What about the inclinometer?
          i dodn't think there is a cut off age for having a bull bar its just that they cant be sold but a definate date hasn't been set for when it is enforced.
          You can still get the recaro in the 3rd gens
          you should be able to get an after market inclinometer for it aswell
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Dont bother with an inclinometer. When the angles get big, your butt cheeks will tell you how far over you are
            Then you find out adrenalin is brown ............As shirlsters carb did
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
              i'll go have a looksy.
              Do a google for 'Budbuilt Crossmember'

Its a nice piece of kit, and something I reckon you could easily replicate! Wanna use my motor as a pattern?

Comment

There is no specific age for the car as to when you cant fit a bar, Its the date.. which as of yet isnt 100%! But it will be soon.

If you plan to fit An FPS sort out getting one now rather then later or you wont be able to fit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                  Then you find out adrenalin is brown ............As shirlsters carb did
                  Its all over too quick. There's that 'oh shiiiiiii' moment, then it's all ok and the old bird has got you through again.

Comment

there speaks a voice of experience.and from the angle i was looking at as your truck went over that mud mound on the strata run you must of been clenching your butt cheeks.or praying to god.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

there speaks a voice of experience.and from the angle i was looking at as your truck went over that mud mound on the strata run you must of been clenching your butt cheeks.or praying to god.
                      Yep. I heard the pointer on the roll meter bending around the end stop.

I think if the sideways slide had ended in a rut, I would have been on my side. Thankfully it didn't, and keeping my foot down pulled me onto flatter ground! An 'interesting' moment though, and the inspiration for me considering a simple roll cage

Comment

Do a google for 'Budbuilt Crossmember'

Its a nice piece of kit, and something I reckon you could easily replicate! Wanna use my motor as a pattern?
                        just did that.what a nice piece of kit.mmmmmm.first gen ,stein then ...........
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Yep. I heard the pointer on the roll meter bending around the end stop.

I think if the sideways slide had ended in a rut, I would have been on my side. Thankfully it didn't, and keeping my foot down pulled me onto flatter ground! An 'interesting' moment though, and the inspiration for me considering a simple roll cage
                          brown trouser time mate.i almost messed meself watching.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

just did that.what a nice piece of kit.mmmmmm.first gen ,stein then ...........
                            I take it a piece of stainless sheet bent to shape and pierced for access would work?

Comment

brown trouser time mate.i almost messed meself watching.
                              As it wasn't frightening at the time, I cant decide whether I have balls of steel or whether I'm just really really thick

Comment

I take it a piece of stainless sheet bent to shape and pierced for access would work?
                                it would.but they have removed the original member and replaced with that one to reduce clearance problems.lets face it when you look at the surf from the side on all you can see underneath is the crossmember and the transfer case hanging down.but not on stein ive just remembered i made my own xmember for him.so you cant even see that its tucked up under the chassis out of harms way.so ive already made one and didnt even know it.
                                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X