No announcement yet.

Surf Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive seen somewhere that you can haul 2.5 tonne with a 3rd gen. My old 2.4 pulled 1 3/4 tonne caravan laiden no problem.
    A 4x4 is not a sports car but the SURF is quite quick off the mark for what it is. My new 3rd GEN pulls like a tractor & ive had mid 30's for fuel economy.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

CAN I PUT MY FIVE PENCE WORTH IN NOW.you can have an off road monster and a tarmac terror,so start off with uprated rear springs and es9000s all round and if you wanted to uprated torsion bars,that will sort the suspension out,next a 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift(tweak the torsion bars and the uprated coils give around 2" off lift.next a couple of diff drop spacers.i have 33" kumho KL71s fitted and they are great on and off road,wet or dry.then slap in your v8,lighter engine than the diesel.connect up the 4wd system and off you go.if you want you can remove the arbs and fit quick dis-connects for off roading.next remove front discs and machine grooves in them then cross drill.sorted.i only wished id kept 4wd.but the kumhos can handle anything you chuck at them.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

3rd GENS dont have torsion bars do they?
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
          CAN I PUT MY FIVE PENCE WORTH IN NOW.you can have an off road monster and a tarmac terror,so start off with uprated rear springs and es9000s all round and if you wanted to uprated torsion bars,that will sort the suspension out,next a 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift(tweak the torsion bars and the uprated coils give around 2" off lift.next a couple of diff drop spacers.i have 33" kumho KL71s fitted and they are great on and off road,wet or dry.then slap in your v8,lighter engine than the diesel.connect up the 4wd system and off you go.if you want you can remove the arbs and fit quick dis-connects for off roading.next remove front discs and machine grooves in them then cross drill.sorted.i only wished id kept 4wd.but the kumhos can handle anything you chuck at them.

It costs five pence now?!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            3rd GENS dont have torsion bars do they?

No, you've got coil springs.

Comment

Ive seen somewhere that you can haul 2.5 tonne with a 3rd gen. My old 2.4 pulled 1 3/4 tonne caravan laiden no problem.
              A 4x4 is not a sports car but the SURF is quite quick off the mark for what it is. My new 3rd GEN pulls like a tractor & ive had mid 30's for fuel economy.
              so its big clumsy plenty of power and slow but 30 for a tractor is fast if your going down hill with the wind behind you......
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                so its big clumsy plenty of power and slow but 30 for a tractor is fast if your going down hill with the wind behind you......
                It pulls weight like a TRACTOR. 30 + MPG. Not clumsy & leaves 2nd gens standing.
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

It pulls weight like a TRACTOR. 30 + MPG. Not clumsy & leaves 2nd gens standing.
                  Oh right i got you now but we'll take your word on the leave us 2nd gens standing tho
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                    Oh right i got you now but we'll take your word on the leave us 2nd gens standing tho
                    GO polish YOUR TRUCK

3rd GEN SPECS here http://www.top4runners.com/ja/runhist31996.html
                    Last edited by marky; 14 August 2007, 13:52.
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

ok i knew 3rd gens have coil springs front and rear. i was just testing you.would work the same though uprate the springs all round giving 2" sus lift then 2" body lift es9000s all round.groove and cross drill the discs,fit the v8.quick dis-connect arbs. 33" tyres,what more could you want.and marky the 3rd gen wont leave ALL second gens standing.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

ok i knew 3rd gens have coil springs front and rear. i was just testing you.would work the same though uprate the springs all round giving 2" sus lift then 2" body lift es9000s all round.groove and cross drill the discs,fit the v8.quick dis-connect arbs. 33" tyres,what more could you want.and marky the 3rd gen wont leave ALL second gens standing.
                        ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh

someones tired!!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                          ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh

someones tired!!
                          actually now you come to mention it.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hey Mark, are we being picked on 'cos we've decided to be different, or is it just jealousy?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              Hey Mark, are we being picked on 'cos we've decided to be different, or is it just jealousy?
                              its gotta be jealousy vince.that green eyed monster can make people say and do terrible things.youve only go to mention the word v8 and it turns people into an emotional wreck..
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

actually now you come to mention it.
                                YEP AM FEELING SAGGY IN tHE EYE DEPARTMENT,SO MUCH SO, AM TYPING IN CAPITALS SO I CAN SEE WHAT IM DOING.mark yours is the finest 2nd gen ive ever clapped (tired)eyes on,and i completely agree with the tyre brief. i have the same tyres at 31 inches and they are excellent on and off road,will deffo be getting them in 33's after the lift

anyhows emotional outburst over am going home
                                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X