legal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bogus
    Good on you. I think you know if youre dealing with a chancer or not or if hes thrashed it round a muddy field for 3 days. Its not nice counting the dosh from the sale and then returning some of it but I think youre probably doing the right thing. Much respect

Bogus
    complete agreement with bogus good on you mate
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Anyone remember this thread?http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=16215&page=4

It all kicks off from post #34

Comment

i remember that one well
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          i remember that one well
          That was two years ago! Doesn't time fly?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Certainly does
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

yep !! it only seemed like 24 months to me

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                yep !! it only seemed like 24 months to me

Actually it's 23 months!

Comment

so it wasnt actually 2 years ago then vince ??

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                    so it wasnt actually 2 years ago then vince ??

D'oh!

Comment

there apears to be some misconceptions here for one thing what exacly constitutes a dealer ? and all that bolocks privat deals are not coverd thats rubish also sold as sean `means nothing , but in this case like most others its best to play it by ear and try and sort it out the best way you can if you think the truck was fine and he has caused the damage then find some way of prooving it ` otherwise its simple you sort it out for him , or at least help out
                      Last edited by mrsurf; 14 August 2007, 18:31.

Comment

The head may have been on the way out weeks before the sale, maybe the buyer should have carried out a 'sniffer test' before parting with his cash, assuming that he had heard of Surfs before.

Comment

The AA advise this wording for a private sale.

The undersigned purchaser acknowledges receipt of the above vehicle in exchange for the cash sum of £.......... being the price agreed by the purchaser with the vendor for the above named vehicle, receipt of which the vendor hereby acknowledges. It is understood the vehicle is sold as seen, tried and approved by the purchaser without any representations, warranties or conditions express or implied whatsoever.

Comment

Personaly I would not contribute or offer towards any costs unless

1. I could trust the other person to be honest with me (hasn't hammered the $$$$ out the Surf etc and caused the damage)

2. I could inspect the veh myself or at least have someone I could trust inspect it.

3. Could be totally honest with myself and knew the veh was sound when I sold it and not just about to cause a major problem.

Its all to easy for a buyer to drive off cane the arse off the veh over the weekend. Go off roading get stuck and rev the nuts off it trying to get out and do damage. Ring you up expecting you to help out for self inflicted damage.

There are to many deciding factors to take in to account for any one on here to make a descision or to give opinions on what you should do.

Do what you feel is right for you and leave it at that.
                            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                            My choice
                            Back off

Comment

My sentiments exactlly, & well Put

There's always a Payback .... Ya just don't see it Comin !!!!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Well...

Some interesting comments, basically he has to prove you knowingly sold it with blown head and you dont know whether he has caned it or can prove it either way.

If it were I and I could put hand on heart and say i had know knowledge the head was fialing then I would say get sorry but...

my surf head had been failing for a about a year before it gave up completeley unfortunaltey one of the symtoms was evident on the test drive.

I didn't know this as found the site afterwards.

As someone says it happens, just dont know when.

Do what you feel is right its yourr concience.(spelling)

Steve
                                Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Working...
                                X