SH*T!!! 'elp!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH*T!!! 'elp!!!

Ok, just decieded to go for a spin.... Jump in truck took 4 attempts to start it up!! an then when it did i got it off my drive and BOOM! Brakes do nothing! i know there bad anyway but this is just plain flat!

SH!!!!!!T!

Whats wrong with her?

Hello? Anyone??

Comment

Not a good thing to go without have you plenty of fluid in the old reservoir.
      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
        Not a good thing to go without have you plenty of fluid in the old reservoir.
        Yeah first thing i checked! It always used to be on MAX line, Now its dropped a tiny bit but its still well over min level.

Could they be from the problematic start? Like i said i tried 4 times, you could hear it turning over but it wouldn't fire up.

Comment

brakes

Originally posted by RodLeach
          Yeah first thing i checked! It always used to be on MAX line, Now its dropped a tiny bit but its still well over min level.

Could they be from the problematic start? Like i said i tried 4 times, you could hear it turning over but it wouldn't fire up.
          have you tried adjusting the rears. i did mine today, great improvement.they are supposed to be self adjusting, but mine never have
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
            have you tried adjusting the rears. i did mine today, great improvement.they are supposed to be self adjusting, but mine never have

I adjusted mine not so long ago, I always use the handbrake anyway.

This wasnt just a case of poor brakes, the whole pedal just sunk into the footwell!

Somet is wrong...an i have a bad feeling its serious.

Comment

Ok, just decieded to go for a spin.... Jump in truck took 4 attempts to start it up!! an then when it did i got it off my drive and BOOM! Brakes do nothing! i know there bad anyway but this is just plain flat!

SH!!!!!!T!

Whats wrong with her?

More info on the 'Boom' part please.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                More info on the 'Boom' part please.
                Sorry that was just me being a drama queen, There wasnt a noise, It was me wording the fact that in seconds my brakes disapeared!

Comment

Sorry that was just me being a drama queen, There wasnt a noise, It was me wording the fact that in seconds my brakes disapeared!

First thing to check is if the brakes have vacuum assistance, i.e. that a vacuum hose hasn't popped off from the servo or the alternator.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    First thing to check is if the brakes have vacuum assistance, i.e. that a vacuum hose hasn't popped off from the servo or the alternator.
                    If the alternator was bu**ered! Could that cause poor brakes and make it hard to start ?? Strikes me the batteries were having a tough time starting it.

Comment

& if you can't find any fluid loss on the 4 corners or air in the system then it can be a ruptured diaphram inside the master servo. That can feel catastrophic when it happens and you can't pump the brake pressure back up like you can when there's air in the system.

Cheers JB
                      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
                        & if you can't find any fluid loss on the 4 corners or air in the system then it can be a ruptured diaphram inside the master servo. That can feel catastrophic when it happens and you can't pump the brake pressure back up like you can when there's air in the system.

Cheers JB

BINGO! Made no difference pumping the brakes!

But what about starting it?

Comment

If the alternator was bu**ered! Could that cause poor brakes and make it hard to start ?? Strikes me the batteries were having a tough time starting it.

The alternator has a vacuum pump fitted to it which assists the brakes and creates vacuum for the ADD. and is driven by the alt. belt.
                          If your batteries sounded discharged, then I would suspect the alternator belt is loose.

Comment

what if the alternator got wet? Would that cause braking and starting issues?

Comment

shouldnt really cause starting issues unless the batteries have been allowed to run down.
                              whats your voltage at when its running/revving?
                              Tim
                              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                              X