Changed the termostat and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed the termostat and...

I was well chuffed i sorted it my self! I removed the bash plate to look for the lil hose to drain some coolant but all i got was an aircon rad thing... But ah well just got a wet drive now

One thing i noticed is that the old thermostat had been destroyed! The actual part had just been cut off! the o-ring was there, but thats all!

The reason for changing it was that i'd noticed the temp guage never went where it used it!

between the start and finish of the guage it would sit in the middle, Now it sits in the middle of the start of the guage and the start of the red part! So its cooler?? or somet!

Got to temperature a lot quicker with a working thermostat!

good job. i was worried about doing mine. all that dont fix something that isnt broke sort of thing. but found out where it was on saturday and its not that hard to sort!
    previous owner must have heard about our head gasket issues and did that as a precaution.

i replaced my rad on saturday. under the bash plate is the air con rad. there is no way to get to the drain plug without unbolting the air con rad and jiggling it about. dont even talk about the lower hoses. good on you though!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
    X