X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatfires
    Oh yes and make sure your house name or number is clearly visible
    dont forget my offer!
    Inappropriate I know and I can understand the need for name , number visibility, but as I read this I couldnt stop chuckling or get rid of the following vision.

Fire engines, blue lights, sirens , as they go up and down the road looking for the right number while the flames from your burning house lick the sky and light up the entire county. " Nah cant be that one mate that looks more like a 2 than a 7 to me . lets keep going, it must be further on "

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
      Inappropriate I know and I can understand the need for name , number visibility, but as I read this I couldnt stop chuckling or get rid of the following vision.

Fire engines, blue lights, sirens , as they go up and down the road looking for the right number while the flames from your burning house lick the sky and light up the entire county. " Nah cant be that one mate that looks more like a 2 than a 7 to me . lets keep going, it must be further on "

Bogus
      Yeah it allways was a help if smoke and flames were 'issueing' - it also meant we were probably too late to save much (after the DIY ers had had a go and decided they couldn't cope)
      We once attended a house fire where the owners had a kitchen fire, they closed the door and went back to waching the telly, we couldn't see the fire (round the back) and thought we were on a moody cos we could see them watching telly in the front room. fortunately for us the kitchen window went - fire, smoke wooooosh, funny thing they decided to move out then.
      cant agree on the CO2,
      no good on a fat or liquid fire - doesn't cool and can propell the burning oil and the oil will reignite
      noisy, can get freeze burns, if a fire has latent heat can reignite when vapour dispurses
      outlet can freeze up
      cant use in confind areas
      can be partially discharged
      costly to buy, rent and refill
      Etc, etc,etc
      most folks do not need fire extinguishers in the home (they come in a big red truck)
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
        always handy to have if you're expecting a delivery though!...

there are tw@ts that have no number, no name and put their address as something like "the house, the village"
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X