Broadband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadband

Looking to change broadband soon and was wondering if anyone uses/used sky broadband?

Whats it like compared to other providers? Any drop out problems etc?

Dont like AOL as it does not accept pop3 emails or at least it didnt, so at the moment its either BT or sky.

Cheers in advance

Martin
    Which Wychwood would you choose?

What about Be ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by hobgoblin
      Looking to change broadband soon and was wondering if anyone uses/used sky broadband?

Dont like AOL as it does not accept pop3 emails or at least it didnt, so at the moment its either BT or sky.

Cheers in advance

Martin
      What about Orange.You can get unlimited usage broadband, mobile and homephone all for £35 a month + Vat.I'm with them and havent had any problems as of yet
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers in advance

Martin
        Hi

I got Sky wireless broadband - now it has settled down it's not so bad. Suffered to start with as BT set the speed of the line up wrong and it kept crashin. Nearly went out of the doors. I had trouble with the McAfee that came with it afterwards. Not used another so cannot comment but happy with it so far. Oh yeah - an we aint had a bill so far - been on it a few months.
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. Never thought about looking to see what else is available in the area. Too narrow minded!!

Going to hunt out a comparison site in the morning and read the write ups. See whats available and the prices.

Might even see sky about up grading to HD at a reduced price if i take out their broadband package. Now that would be nice Doubt i will get anything from them though, tight gits.

Cheers

Comment

If you got for orange sign up at a PC World - you might get a freebie worth more than tuppence !!

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. Never thought about looking to see what else is available in the area. Too narrow minded!!

Going to hunt out a comparison site in the morning and read the write ups. See whats available and the prices.

Might even see sky about up grading to HD at a reduced price if i take out their broadband package. Now that would be nice Doubt i will get anything from them though, tight gits.

Cheers
              Naa ya can - hold out =- ring um an tell um you are thinkin' of broadband an HD - then when they give you a price say you will think about it. Few days later phone to cancel ya sky package coz ya found a company that does all 3 cheaper an I bet they back down an call ya back with a better price.Worth a try.
              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                If you got for orange sign up at a PC World - you might get a freebie worth more than tuppence !!

Trev
                What happens with the laptop if you cancel their sub after the minimum term though?

Comment

I've been with TALKTALK from the carphone warehouse for about a year now.,
                  Cheap phone calls and £10 broadband. All runs nicely so far.
                  Alan
                  www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Have you got Virgin Media (old Telewest) cabling in your area?

I've got their 4mb unlimited broadband package and I've never had a major problem in over 3 years, although you sometimes lose email connection for a couple of hours every 6 month or so, but it's no biggie.

I pay £35 a month for TV, phone and internet package.
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                      Have you got Virgin Media (old Telewest) cabling in your area?
                      Just checked the web site and I'm not in the cabling area unfortunately.

Think i will give sky a call on Monday before I make my mind up. It appears their week runs Friday to Thursday so I may be able to blag a good deal on HD & broadband if I threaten to cancel the lot.

Les hope so at least.

Thanks everyone.

Martin

Comment

used to be on Orange, but changed over this year to Sky. On the max service for £10 a month as i have sky tv.

Not had many problems, the only thing I do find as they have taken on more people is that some periods the initial connection via wireless to their server can be a little slow. Initially used to connect straight away.

Be...is owned by Pipex if I remember correctly.

Wouldn't touch BT unless it was the only service around. Did try going for cable but all the exchange boxes are fully utilised for my area and the costs to upgrade for 1 user wouldn't be worth it.

check dslzoneuk.net...cracking site that gives you all figures, reviews, speedtests etc.
                        Gaz

Comment

Working...
                        X