failed M O T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failed M O T

just got the truck back from mot , and its failed, on two front upper ball joints, and rear upper anti roll bar linkage insecure, is milners the best place to get them from, just thinking, do u have to undo the linkages to put rear springs in, if so i wonder if the were not tightend when i had them done, any ideas would be very welcome, cheers mick.

Get your bits from Roughtrax as they are Superior Quality.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I concur. Try tightening them, not sure they wouldve needed it off just for springs.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

any one got any pics of the rear anti roll bar linkages ?? so i no where to look please. cheers marky think av just found the on roughttrax, they cost more but if u say there better al get them.

Comment

Originally posted by joymic
          any one got any pics of the rear anti roll bar linkages ?? so i no where to look please. cheers marky think av just found the on roughttrax, they cost more but if u say there better al get them.
          if its the drop links mick then if you look thru the wheel arch you will see them bolted to the chasis and then a ball joint on the bottom attatching it to the anti roll bar but if they mean the brackets you will see 2 of them holding the anti roll bar to the front side of the axel
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers rich , it says on the mot paper, anti roll bar linkage insecure??? sounds a bit dubious to me why they both go at the same time, thought they might have left them undone when they did the springs, (do they have to touch them when doing the springs??? )

Comment

cheers rich , it says on the mot paper, anti roll bar linkage insecure??? sounds a bit dubious to me why they both go at the same time, thought they might have left them undone when they did the springs, (do they have to touch them when doing the springs??? )
              They don't have to but it may have made the job a bit easier.There are 2 bolts on the chasis and the 1 nut on the top of the linkage so keep fingers crossed thats all it is.You'll probably find that they twisted the drop links and when the moved thats what they have put down but there will be a slight play in them when you twist them as they are on a ball joint fixinig at the bottom

Comment

cheers rich , i will have a look at them in the morning, see if i can tighten them up, are they easy to get to ? any way mate thanks, got to go over to the pigeon club now an do my sec's job. there lost without me,speak to u tomoz, an thanks for u help mate most appreciated.

Comment

cheers rich , i will have a look at them in the morning, see if i can tighten them up, are they easy to get to ? any way mate thanks, got to go over to the pigeon club now an do my sec's job. there lost without me,speak to u tomoz, an thanks for u help mate most appreciated.
                  really easy to get to

Comment

Working...
                  X