Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I thought I'd best post up and say hello...

I am currently seriously looking into getting a gen 3 surf... (took long enough to decide surf or truck lol) -Mainly for daily use, with some off roading chucked in too So I'll probably have plenty of newbie questions as I am totally new to the world of 4x4s and off roading..

I live out in the sticks and have been stuck in snow (and recently floods!) etc before is it could also be handy, I also want the space for lugging stuff to car shows, (I have a small supra forum) and car parts (I am always taking things apart, swapping engines etc)

This place seems to be a wealth of information
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Originally posted by Karma Supra

I am currently seriously looking into getting a gen 3 surf... (took long enough to decide surf or truck lol) -Mainly for daily use, with some off roading chucked in too So I'll probably have plenty of newbie questions as I am totally new to the world of 4x4s and off roading..

I live out in the sticks and have been stuck in snow (and recently floods!) etc before is it could also be handy, I also want the space for lugging stuff to car shows, (I have a small supra forum) and car parts (I am always taking things apart, swapping engines etc)

welcome to the mad house

Comment

Hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers.The search facility will be your friend for ant questions but if you cant find what your looking for feel free to ask.
      Be aware if you get the 3rd gen your in for a lot of p155 taking but enjoy all the same
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers!

Whys that then? Are the 3rd gens soft then? I know the front suspenion changed, and they gained a centre diff, I take it I was wrong to assume they were as good as the gen 2 off road??

I'll be looking at a nice lift (need to research into how much) decent nudge bars, possibly a winch and lots and lots of decent lighting for the unlit country/forest lanes where I live! I will also be doing research into decent off road tyres, that I can still use on road (if there is such a compromise)

Like I said this world is totally new to me, so I need to learn all over again lo l
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Cheers!

Whys that then? Are the 3rd gens soft then? I know the front suspenion changed, and they gained a centre diff, I take it I was wrong to assume they were as good as the gen 2 off road??

I'll be looking at a nice lift (need to research into how much) decent nudge bars, possibly a winch and lots and lots of decent lighting for the unlit country/forest lanes where I live! I will also be doing research into decent off road tyres, that I can still use on road (if there is such a compromise)

Like I said this world is totally new to me, so I need to learn all over again lo l
          You will be surprised by the amount of parts available for the surfs.
          The 3rd gens are just as good off road as on so the 3rd genners say.
          The p155 take is just cause of all the plastic and space for the curling tongs and hairdryers and any other things hairdressers use...lol

Comment

Fair play.... A bit like the abuse I give the goggle eyed jelly mould mkiv supra guys then...

Bring it on lol

Unfortunately due to the current state of my bank it'll be a while before I even become a surf owner!!

At least the hardest part of the battle is fought..... the mrs is in approval!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Nah, there is no difference in offroad ability, the front on a 3rd gen is Macpherson style Struts vs torsion bars for the 2nd gen (both have lame articulation compared to a solid axle). Rear axle is virtually the same.

The center diff on a 3rd gen means you have allwheel drive for wet road use, as well as 2 and 4wd like the 2nd gens.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi And Welcome

YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH A SURF !!!!
                MINES A LARGE ONE !!!

Comment

Hello and welcome

Don't listen to the parts bin special drivers(not Tony cause he's a really nice guy ), 3rd gens are cool

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by DitchCrawler
                    Hello and welcome

Don't listen to the parts bin special drivers(not Tony cause he's a really nice guy ), 3rd gens are cool

Paul

Only if the plastic has fallen off and the hairdressers kit in the glovebox has been removed

Welcome to the nut house.................Just watch out for the squirrels
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Cheers!

Theyre just JEALOUS & they call us Hairdressers. Heres my TRUCK
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

3rd gen

Originally posted by marky
                        Theyre just JEALOUS & they call us Hairdressers. Heres my TRUCK
                        you could even give your surf a name,what about "silkolene"
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                          you could even give your surf a name,what about "silkolene"
                          His number plate is VO5
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

hi and welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure.a supra eh.mmmmmmmmmm.gets me thinking,twin turbo would i be right in saying its quite easy to get around 600hp out of one of them?????
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                              hi and welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure.a supra eh.mmmmmmmmmm.gets me thinking,twin turbo would i be right in saying its quite easy to get around 600hp out of one of them?????
                              i can see those cogs a turning now Mark..

Comment

Working...
                              X