Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key sticking

Hi all,
    my key is intermittently sticking inthe ignittion when i stop and is impossible to get out. inthe past i posted and have sprayed soem oil into the ignittion but even that wont work now. so i guess it time to investigate and resolve.
    what tells the ignition to release the key when they gear lever is in park? is ther a cable connecting?
    would i be best to start by investigating at the ignition end or the gear leaver end

as you probabaly have noticed by now i am non tecky so an idiots guide on what to do or any advice would be appreciated

Originally posted by fergus
    Hi all,
    my key is intermittently sticking inthe ignittion when i stop and is impossible to get out. inthe past i posted and have sprayed soem oil into the ignittion but even that wont work now. so i guess it time to investigate and resolve.
    what tells the ignition to release the key when they gear lever is in park? is ther a cable connecting?
    would i be best to start by investigating at the ignition end or the gear leaver end

as you probabaly have noticed by now i am non tecky so an idiots guide on what to do or any advice would be appreciated
    Hello mate,

I had a similar problem on my 2nd gen, I had fitted an oversize speaker under the dash to had to make some 'adjustments' under there, soon after i found my key was sticking in the ignition and it wouldnt start either if the key stuck, I'd investigate under the dash for any wires pulled out of something etc.

There was nothing that fixed mine, It just sorted itself out!

Comment

ther no problem interms of starting or astoppign which makes me thing the issues is at the gear leaver end- how diffficult is $$$ to acces that, anyone?

Comment

Definitely an easy fix!!!! if its an auto of course. Just push your gear selector toward the dash a little bit more, you will hear a click, then itll come out. Exact same prob as i had. Just roll key forward click the shifter a bit further.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

took surf to mates garage todat thinking there would be a easy to spot cable from gear box to ignition. ther must e 20 different wires/cables leaving gearbox. does nayone have a haynes type manual that identify whihch one is the one that is responsible for triggering the key release.

looking fromm the ignition barrells bac is no better either

ive tried the oil inthe ignition a few time and it now in need of a proper solution aas it is sticking intermittently...but usually when ur in ahurry, the wife isdriving it or your in an area where it aint safe to leave it.

Comment

Working...
          X