Safari fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    Flight motor and laser are making me drool. That's a stonking collection you've got there.
    Thats just what I can remember right now. Some stuff is still buried in carboard boxes...

But here's my I-TOW motor to get your juices flowing
    Last edited by Apache; 27 July 2007, 01:27.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      But here's my I-TOW motor to get your juices flowing
      Very nice. How you've resisted disassembling and inspecting I'll never know.

Comment

Is there any point to the inner and outer plates which go over the inner wing hole? I can see they might be a misguided attempt at putting some strength into the inner wing, though the forces (if any!) will be sent through the four bolts!

a) they seem to be a faff to fit because of the different inner wing on the surf compared to the pick-up

b) well, they dont seem to serve any purpose other than making the hole neater (which I was gonna do with some outer sheath of a cable)

Comment

If I remember correctly, they're to prevent (stress cracks)? possibly appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            If I remember correctly, they're to prevent (stress cracks)? possibly appearing.
            But :-

a) We drill round, burr free holes (hence the 'stop-drilling' treatment of stress cracks)
            b) It doesn't fit properly. It would only work if if compressed the steel evenly, and even then I'm not convinced you'd get any.

I've left it off. I'll deal with cracks in the very unlikely event of them happening.

Comment

Working...
            X