ATF cooler, oops....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF cooler, oops....

Well with all the wet weather we decided to take a convoy to Hopwas woods near tamworth to play in the mud. All was going well when me and another Surf went down a big ditch filled with water. A resounding clonk was heard and i thought it was just the bash plate. To my surprise, no damage. that was until i got home, removed the bash plate and found a little steam fountain coming from the bottom of the rad. Just as the plate came off, so did the atf cooler pipe covering me in very hot coolant and ATF fluid. Oh $hit me thought, the plate had hit the inlet pipe and stripped the thread on the rad. Took rad off and sent it off to ready rads who very cleverly removed the cooler from my rad and replaced it with a brass one from a chrysler neon at a cost of £52. Well impressed. Refilled coolant and atf fluid and off i went, good as new only better. Also modified inlet and outlet pipes to the cooler facing them upwards away from the bash plate. Now i am a happy chappy again.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

first of all i`m only in sutton coldfield give me a shout next time i would love to come along! second of all so you now have a seperate atf cooler for £52 or is it still part of the rad??

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
      first of all i`m only in sutton coldfield give me a shout next time i would love to come along! second of all so you now have a seperate atf cooler for £52 or is it still part of the rad??
      Judging by the description, still in the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
        As Matt says its still in the rad, i had the old one removed and replaced. As for the trip it was a spur of the moment thing but i will certainly let you know when we go again and you're more than welcome to come along. I would have posted on here but it was down when we went.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
        X