Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which surf?

Hi,

this is my first post I'm thinking about buying a surf to replace my daily runner as it died

I'm thinking of a 3.0lTD as they seem to be the best engines which have the best fuel economy. Looking at threads it seems like i can expect to get 20-30mpg depending on where i'm driving and how hard.

The question is what models did the 3.0Td surf come in and which has the best toys and is best value for money? (ie recaros!)

How much can I expect to pay for a decent one?

Cheers,

Paul.

Welcome along I can't advise co's mines a 2.4 I suppose you should just make sure its burgundy

Cheers JB
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Hi,

well i'd consider a 2.4, but doesnt seem like much point as they have about the same fuel economy as a 3.0??

Cheers,

Paul.

Comment

Hi and welcome,

The obvious choice is a 3rd gen 3.0 TD preferrably in SSRG trim (X-trim is still good though) as this has the most accessories inside (curling tongs, straighteners etc.) and is superior to the 2.4 'countryman' option.

Comment

3.0 much more reliable and a good bit more grunt for same fuel. I have 2.4 but given choice again 3.0 would have been better. Having said that mine has been very reliable
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

i upgraded from a 2.4 to a 3l a year ago and the differance is noticeable powerwise as Woodzie found out when he drove mine a coup[le of weeks ago.
            There isn't any differance on spec as the little foriegn guys had their own extras added but the only main differance is the ssrg with the recaro seats
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I had my 2.4 for nearly 4 years then i moved up BIG TIME to a 3rd Gen 3.0 Intercooled WOW Huge difference in power & fuel Economy.
              BLUE ones are the Fastest
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
              X