Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 or 8 seater Surf - Now a reality

Hi Hello all,

I've found a chap in the states that supplies 3rd row seats for most SUV's and I'm ordering a set for both my Surf and Ford Explorer. Thinking of how to get the shipping costs down did anybody else what to jump in on the order?

The website is www.littlepassengerseats.com The owner is a guy called Russell. I'm ordering for two seast to be shipped to Cork in Ireland in the next fortnight if you wanted to tag on to the same order.
    Shipping to a europe generally comes in at 430USD, given the exchange rate this is not bad for an overall price. Obviously the more orders in the same place the cheaper the overall costs will be.

On a recent trip to the states I've seen there seats in other vehicles and they really are pretty good. Theya re also a lot more friendly that the crowd at Scot Seats, who to be frank were down right rude when I spoke them a few weeks back.

Anyway peeps, let me know what you think and we'll see if we can sort some thing out.
    Cheers

Chris
    I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Limited LEG ROOM, Seat Belt fastening etc are a few factors to look at with this option. Rear facing looks ok though http://www.littlepassengerseats.com/toyota_4runner.htm
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

as far as leg room goes, the back is fine in for mostly kids and early teens (a bit like my old volvo used to be), the seat belts are intergrated with the seat unit on the one I saw in an explorer.
      There was ample room for my partber who is 5'6" and the boot in the explorer is smaller than that of the surf. (there is a large amount of seating space in the explorer at the expense of boot space).

Cheers

C

Comment

If its for the KIDS it should be fine
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

yes, kids and little people.

Comment

Originally posted by sheeprus
            yes, kids and little people.
            LEPRACHAUNS I only believe in FAIRIES
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

there is a company over here that do the third seats also
              i know its a bit late now as you've ordered yours
              http://www.seatconversion.co.uk/

Hi Hello all,

I've found a chap in the states that supplies 3rd row seats for most SUV's and I'm ordering a set for both my Surf and Ford Explorer. Thinking of how to get the shipping costs down did anybody else what to jump in on the order?

The website is www.littlepassengerseats.com The owner is a guy called Russell. I'm ordering for two seast to be shipped to Cork in Ireland in the next fortnight if you wanted to tag on to the same order.
              Shipping to a europe generally comes in at 430USD, given the exchange rate this is not bad for an overall price. Obviously the more orders in the same place the cheaper the overall costs will be.

On a recent trip to the states I've seen there seats in other vehicles and they really are pretty good. Theya re also a lot more friendly that the crowd at Scot Seats, who to be frank were down right rude when I spoke them a few weeks back.

Anyway peeps, let me know what you think and we'll see if we can sort some thing out.
              Cheers

Chris
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I've not ordered just yet, I was waiting to see if anyone wanted to piggyback on the order, I'll give these guys a call and see what they have to say for themselves.

Thanks mate

C

Comment

they are not taking any more order until further notice so I'd be looking at 6 weeks min just to get a quote, I'll stick with teh guys in the states and abuse the weak doller at the moment. Thanks anyway

Comment

mines a six seater....
                    The benchmark....

Comment

just out of curiosity how did you manage that?

Comment

just out of curiosity how did you manage that?
                        erm easy, just open the back and unfold the 6th seat.....
                        Last edited by huff_diggler; 26 July 2007, 14:45.
                        The benchmark....

Comment

Working...
                        X