brakes or lack of!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brakes or lack of!!

OK good to be back now down to buisness! I changed my rear brake shoes at the weekend and now the hand brake comes all the way out without applying the brakes properly where should i adjust this. also the brake pedal has allot of travel before it starts to stop!!!! any ideas. is it the screw type thing between the shoes??

Originally posted by hiroler
    OK good to be back now down to buisness! I changed my rear brake shoes at the weekend and now the hand brake comes all the way out without applying the brakes properly where should i adjust this. also the brake pedal has allot of travel before it starts to stop!!!! any ideas. is it the screw type thing between the shoes??
    The rear shoes are self adjusting.
    Put transmision in Park, don't touch the footbrake, and pull the handbrake on a number of times until you can feel resistance, then the shoes should be correctly adjusted.

Comment

ive tried this it does not seem to do anything!!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
        ive tried this it does not seem to do anything!!

There is an adjuster on the shoes, at the rear of the drum behind rubber bung, use a small screwdriver to 'click' the toothed wheel around 'till the brakes 'bite'.

Comment

i thought that was what it was for i will give that a try tonight cheers!

Comment

as to the parking brake, the cable may have stretched a little.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ghlight=brakes
            Last edited by Gizmo; 24 July 2007, 21:55.
            Gaz

Comment

Working...
            X