Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody mention Friday 13th!!!

Bugger!

So, I'm driving to work today down the motorway, when suddenly there is a massive grinding noise, and the steering goes funny. Bugger! I'm just coming up on my exit, so I decide to pull right off the motorway. Coming down the sliproad, only to find that I suddenly have virtually no brakes! Bugger! Thankfully the road is clear, and I manage to pull up OK. A couple of pumps of the pedal seems to restore brake pressure, so I go round the corner and pull up. At this point smoke/steam starts billowing forth from the front passenger wheel. OK, time to call the breakdown company I thinks. Where is my membership card? Bugger! Thankfully I have internet access on my phone, so a quick google brings up the phone number for Britannia, and rescue is on the way.

Breakdown mechanic dude reckons the bearing went, which caused the wheel to wobble around a lot, forcing the brake pads away from the disc, causing the first few pumps of the brakes to have little effect.

BUGGER!
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Thats about right ....My injector pumps started leaking .......new seal kit from milners .......BTW thanks tonyn you saved the day
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

think i'll leave my truck alone today
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Following my recent run of luck with cars, cabs and vans - I'm working from home today and leaving the Surf and the Volvo on the drive.......tomorrow is house-hunting day, the blunderbus is primed so if I see a good specimen, I'm taking my best shot!!!
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Hi Paul,
          Seems to be a common thing with the japs not doing much maintenance to the front ends. Good job to get done though for peace of mind- and not too expensive. I hear your rolling resistance improves with new bearings so you might recoup abit on fuel!!
          Just pick a day without rain if your lucky there might be one before next weekend!
          over and out...

ps. iv`e stayed in today so i dont break anything!
          Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
            Hi Paul,
            Seems to be a common thing with the japs not doing much maintenance to the front ends. Good job to get done though for peace of mind- and not too expensive. I hear your rolling resistance improves with new bearings so you might recoup abit on fuel!!
            Just pick a day without rain if your lucky there might be one before next weekend!
            over and out...

ps. iv`e stayed in today so i dont break anything!
            I'm thinking of buying one of those tent awning things so that I have some shelter to work under with the amount of stuff I've been doing lately. Only problem is that I have no transport to go and get one.

Wish I'd stayed in bed this morning.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

nicked for speeding again and a 15 min job took me 3.5 hours so double in trouble wiv da boss

jj
              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                nicked for speeding again and a 15 min job took me 3.5 hours so double in trouble wiv da boss

jj
                Naughty BOY
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  Naughty BOY
                  you must of heard of our chief of police and his hatred to motorists and bikers?
                  i should have known better
                  jj

Comment

Colwyn bay
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Colwyn bay
                      spot on

considering that i have been to prestayn, llandudno rhyl and bangor
                      you must be sykic

jj

Comment

We now have mobile cars and vans sitting in strange places laybys and grass verges with video cameras. You never know if a car at the side of the road is a video speed trap now adays. Sneeky buggers I always slow down for cars atthe roadside now especially on my bike. They take no prisoners and never run our of film.

Cheers JB
                        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                          spot on

considering that i have been to prestayn, llandudno rhyl and bangor
                          you must be sykic

jj
                          You drive an ICECREAM VAN for a living then
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
                            We now have mobile cars and vans sitting in strange places laybys and grass verges with video cameras. You never know if a car at the side of the road is a video speed trap now adays. Sneeky buggers I always slow down for cars atthe roadside now especially on my bike. They take no prisoners and never run our of film.

Cheers JB
                            this git today was parked in a line of parked cars. they run a scheme called arrive alive here it consists of every dirty trick you can think of to nick u.

in the local rag last week it was claimed that north wales police get more per head of population than any other police force in the uk, terrorists, drug dealers, kiddy fiddlers and rapists are safe here as long as they dont DRIVE

JJ

Comment

You drive an ICECREAM VAN for a living then
                              IF I WAS AN ICE CREAM SALES GUY I WOULD BE BANKRUPT BY NOW, spent today going around caravan parks fixing auto. barriers and cctv, crazy how they leave it to the week before the summer holidays..

jj

Comment

Working...
                              X