• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halfords regassing A/C?

Anyone ever tried it yourselves

am I likely to blow myself up,

Confident system is just low, as temp drops
    (according to thermometer)

just in not such a dramatic fashion. as when initialy re-gasssed last year 134

Don't really want to pay for a anti-musty-smell-anhialation

or whatever the excuse they give for lightening my wallet by
    Eighty quid or something.

ideas...

Do what I did...
    go to halfrauds and explain that your AC is not blowing as cold as you'd like. They advertise a free check - which in my local store (sunderland centre) meant me borrowing a fill gauge from a large can off the shelf and testing my level of gas. (small can only comes with fill hose - large can has fill hose with gauge)
    my system pressure was ok but low(25psi), so i only had to buy a small can of gas for £19.99.
    If you need a complete refill - the large can costs £39.99. Piece of pi$$ to fill up.
    If you check your system and the pressure is ok (25 - 45 psi) them your problems may lie elsewhere.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

I can vouch for the fact that the Halfrauds cans work. Got one a few weeks back because the aircon on the wife's Corsa stopped working. The gas was OK, as confirmed by the guage on the can, so it's obviously something else but it was fairly easy to use to check and re-fill if needed. The Corsa's now got to go in tomorrow to find out what's broke.
      Mike G

Comment

Hmmmm

Sneaky and underhand

I like that.

I'm cofident its just run itself low over the winter
        it was working fine after I had it checked refilled with 134
        last summer,

suspecta combination od underuse and tiny seepage round seals has left it a bit low
        still I'll ask for a recheck

cheers, shall I say You sent me?

Comment

you should try to run your A/C once every week throughout the year just to keep things from seizing ....so i 've been told.
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

quite right,

over the Winter though its far from the top of my list to check just how effective the 'cold machine' is sadly

Comment

Air-con

Hi l thought 134 was for the later models ie; 3litre 1993 onwards you have a 2.4 that should be on R12 l think, lf you have put 134 in thats maybe why you are having problems.
              Live Life To The Full

Comment

No,

following its first UK re-gassing (by me at least)

the Company 'converted it' for use with the latter 134 stuff
                which is a different molecular structure and totally unsuitable.

Tomorrow its going in for and inspection and refill by a local outfit.

Apparently, for what its worth,
                HALFwits training in the art of aircon servicing, comprises a short training
                DVD (American)

Presumably concluding with an anger management/first aid section
                for those unfortunate enough to suffer
                disgruntled customers,

facing at Mahoosive' bill for letting some spotty oik' loose with their
                air con......

you have been warned

Comment

Working...
                X