Help Please !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please !!

After nearly 4 years of happy surfing, i'm getting lots of hassle with my car. I had the radiator replaced as it had a split at the top but the new one has gone now as well. The garage took it back off and sent it to be mended but it went again, also it split one of the hoses so it looks like there is too much pressure. However it does'nt overheat. I have replaced the cap and had the pump and thermostat checked. The garage think it needs a new head gasket but after reading the posts on here about the subject I think maybe the head is cracked. They did a gas check with some blue liquid which did not go yellow which would have been bad but it did go green. What do you guys think ? Also how do you get hold of Stevo as the link to yotasurf does'nt work. Hope this all makes sense to you, i'm a bit confused.

Thanks
    Karen
    Stop Your Grinnin and Drop Your Linen

Hi, sounds very much like the head (or gasket) have you try'd running it with the cap off, if pressuer's building up coolant will flow out the top, PM TonyN for head details,

BTW is that you photo in the avitar? my kind of woman
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

thanks for the tip, will give it a try tomorrow.

Thats not me in the photo, its my favourite boyfriend !!!!!

Cheers

Karen x
      Stop Your Grinnin and Drop Your Linen

Comment

It may be an airlock in the cooling system. Set all heaters to hot, remove rad cap, and top up coolant 'till it will take no more. (leave the cap off) Leave it for about an hour and check level again, top up if required. Leave it again, overnight if you can and re-check level. All the air should be expelled by then.

NB. The truck needs to be on level ground to do this effectively.
        Don't forget to replace the rad cap in themorning!

Comment

If you do need a new head then stevo or TonyN are your best bet, at least you'll know that it is the genuine article, and don't be tempted by the cheapies on ebay.

Hope you get good news.

Robert.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by RIVERKARA
            They did a gas check with some blue liquid which did not go yellow which would have been bad but it did go green.

Thanks
            Karen
            Green is good enough to prove small traces of exhaust gas in the coolant, and therefore suspect the head, I'm afraid.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X