Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - newbie

Hello everyone. Just signed up.

I finally achieve my lifelong dream tonight of owning a Hilux Surf (i'm only 25 but have wanted one since I was about 10). Trying to get insured on the thing has been a bit of a pain, but I've managed it.

Getting a '91 SSRX Auto 2.4td in met Green. Immaculate inside and out, done 120k miles, but I don't care. I plan on having her for another 120k.

I will post some pics tomorrow of it.

HELLO AND WELCOME

Comment

welcome

Originally posted by Weseastham
      Hello everyone. Just signed up.

I finally achieve my lifelong dream tonight of owning a Hilux Surf (i'm only 25 but have wanted one since I was about 10). Trying to get insured on the thing has been a bit of a pain, but I've managed it.

Getting a '91 SSRX Auto 2.4td in met Green. Immaculate inside and out, done 120k miles, but I don't care. I plan on having her for another 120k.

I will post some pics tomorrow of it.

is that miles or kilometres cos if its km its only done about 72k
      by the way welcome and dont worry youll own a burgundy one someday!!
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers.
        Service the truck regular and you will have many good times with it
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Welcome to the Nut house .......Just watch out for UDTREV
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Welcome to the nut house mate I dream about my Surf as well, keep waking up in the middle of the night screaming though Only joking, wonderful motors

Spoggle

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. I can see me getting dirty under the bonnet in the next few weeks, and I'm completely clueless with cars. Already considering veg oil after reading it on here.

re: the km or miles. The speedo is in MPH so I presumed the odo would be in MPH too. If thats not the case, I've just knocked 50k miles off what I thought it had done.

Will let you know tomorrow after I've taken it for a spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Weseastham
                  Thanks for the welcome guys. I can see me getting dirty under the bonnet in the next few weeks, and I'm completely clueless with cars. Already considering veg oil after reading it on here.

re: the km or miles. The speedo is in MPH so I presumed the odo would be in MPH too. If thats not the case, I've just knocked 50k miles off what I thought it had done.

Will let you know tomorrow after I've taken it for a spin.
                  alot of the time there is just a mph face put on over the kmh face so the clocks will still read in km's.Travel somewhere you know the correct distance and you will be able to check then in the clocks have been changed aswell.
                  If the clocks have not been done then if you multiply the total km's by 0.6214 that will give you the conversion to miles
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Another Northern Member! Congratulations mate.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

We will soon have the southern members worried with all the "hard" northern types on here he he

So where abouts in Manchester are you from then?
                      -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                        We will soon have the southern members worried with all the "hard" northern types on here he he

So where abouts in Manchester are you from then?
                        Middleton mate. In between Oldham, Manchester and Rochdale. Handy for work, as all 3 are within 10 minutes drive.

Only just figured out the location bit on the avatar. Where in Rockerdale are you from?

BTW - I got insured through Autonet Insurance - £690 fully comp, and I have 2 cons and 1 at fault accident in the last 5 years. Not bad I thought. Might be worth putting them on the faq's page whoever can.
                        Last edited by Weseastham; 10 July 2007, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                          Hard? Mancunians? You're having a laugh mate.

Comment

hi and welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure.pity about the colour but at least its not a 3rd gen
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                              is that miles or kilometres cos if its km its only done about 72k
                              by the way welcome and dont worry youll own a burgundy one someday!!
                              Ha ha too right.....

Hi and welcome.
                              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Working...
                              X