Lucky pheasant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky pheasant

I proved this morning that lifted 4x4's are good for the environment. Doing about 60 ish down a back road when a cock pheasant decides to go for his morning stroll right across in front of me. I tried to brake but realised it wasn't going to do any good. However as I was about to run the pheasant over I noticed that he ducked - when I looked in the mirror he was standing, unharmed, in the middle of the road with a typical confused pheasant expression on his face, having gone under the truck. Anything lower would have taken his head off.

See, I am green
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Originally posted by Gamedawn
    I proved this morning that lifted 4x4's are good for the environment. Doing about 60 ish down a back road when a cock pheasant decides to go for his morning stroll right across in front of me. I tried to brake but realised it wasn't going to do any good. However as I was about to run the pheasant over I noticed that he ducked - when I looked in the mirror he was standing, unharmed, in the middle of the road with a typical confused pheasant expression on his face, having gone under the truck. Anything lower would have taken his head off.

See, I am green

The rabbits at stonehenge are good at that too
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Its like hitting a PILLOW feathers everywere
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

the pheasants arnt that cleaver. we were going up a muddy hill and didnt want to stop in case we got stuck, and it was just running away from us. not out the way - just away in the same direction we were going!
        almost hit a deer one night. coming down a country lane the deer just run out into the lights. i hit the brakes when i see it on the side of the road but it run straight into me! i moved over as far as i could and was saying out loud please dont run into the lights and then it did! think i just missed it. was doing 10-20mph if i did hit it, but i didnt hear a bang or anything
        rabbits are funny too. as well as thos birds that just sit there waiting to be run over. we reversed up and i got out to pick it up to move it out the way, and then it run off...
        Suicide!
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Someone who I know hit a pheasant in a brand new V.W Golf. Did over a grands worth of damage to the rad and aircon unit. Pheasant was too smashed up to cook as well

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            Its like hitting a PILLOW feathers everywere
            Not if they hit the windscreen at 60
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
            X