Bulkhead Connected Hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulkhead Connected Hoses

Gent's, can anyone confirm that the pipe that sits to the left of this one and is connected to the bulkhead, behind the rocker cover is a coolant pipe?

I need to connect my Veg oil heater and I assume I need a flow and return.

Thanks

cant open da file mate.
    its encoded somehow
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

The Picture

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...timingbelt.pdf

Sorry try this one.

Comment

Hose you want is on the bulkhead. Goes to a valve, just to the left of the fuel filter. Both hoses come out of the block on the nearside, go across the front of the engine and feed to the bulkhead matrix connections.

Comment

Thanks Matt, I'm probably being dim here.
          I know I can use that one, net to the fuel filter, but do I also need to connect to the one that is below the Vin plate.
          I need a supply and return I am assuming.
          My plan is to connect one pipe to the one next to the filter and the other to the one under the Vin plate. Is this part of the heating system and will this give me the coolant flow and return I need to the Veg heater?

Thanks

Simon

Comment

If the two next to each other are flow and return to the heater matrix, surely they'd do for the fuel heater?

Thats where I've been looking at too as those hoses are nice and convenient...
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet
              My plan is to connect one pipe to the one next to the filter and the other to the one under the Vin plate. Is this part of the heating system and will this give me the coolant flow and return I need to the Veg heater?
              Yes that will work but -

Rather than cut into the heater lines why not have a look at the hoses under manifold. These are connected to the lower section of the thermostat housing. Remove one hose from manifold and housing then run a hose from housing to fuel heater then back to manifold. I don't think it matters which one you use because coolant always flows through these.

Nev
              Last edited by NiftyNev; 9 July 2007, 15:34.

Comment

Ok, thank's Nev thats another option.
                I'm really looking for the easiest way to make the connection. I'll check your suggestion out tonight.

This pic of Ian's truck shows the pipe I have been on about, Pic 2 the short pink pipe connected under the Vin plate: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=intercooler

Simon

Comment

Working...
                X