france and fog light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• france and fog light

ok, my fog light got removed by the floor when i was off roading when i first got my surf.
    do you reckon ill be ok driving over to france/italy? or should i get one and put it back on?
    cheers
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Don't worry about it. After all they do what they like on our roads.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet
      Don't worry about it. After all they do what they like on our roads.
      ok yeah i agree. stuff em. if they get shirty or it gets foggy ill get my mate to sit in the back with a torch and shine it out the back window with a piece of red plastic over the lens... or a red bulb
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Oh and don't forget NOT to use your road angel or any speed camera detector while in france,( don't know about italy) coz they are illegal and they WILL confiscate it and fine you on the spot around £1000.00.

Have a happy holiday.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Why arse about asking. For how long it will take to pop a fresh one on, it's not worth running the risk of getting pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            Why arse about asking. For how long it will take to pop a fresh one on, it's not worth running the risk of getting pulled.

Ooooooooh!! hark at her!

Comment

i dont have a fog light at all. when it got taken off i was left with a skeleton. all went in the bin. its hasstle going to get one to be honest - if i dont need it ill save myself trouble. but as you say dont take that long to do... might aswel just do it..

dont have a road angel either, cheers for the warning
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

meeeeeeeeooooowwww!!! hehe
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

You'll need one for the MOT so dont forget.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

would have thought theyd pick u up for it as you are legally bound to carry triangle and spare bulbs if I am correct
                    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                      would have thought theyd pick u up for it as you are legally bound to carry triangle and spare bulbs if I am correct

You are correct, and you have to have ALL vehicle documentation plus driving licience in the vehicle at all times.
                      The French fuzz love the brits for easy on the spot fines for that sort of infringement.
                      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                        apparently you dont have to carry a warning triangle anymore so long as you have a high vis jacket. i think its 1 per passenger
                        not to worry anyway, my friend works for network rail so he is bringing us two.
                        yes on the bulb - how queer. ive already got a spare bulb but i dont think it fits anywhere in the surf

do you reckon the french will take bribes like russia and all them? flash some american dollars and the russians let you off ive been told
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                          do you reckon the french will take bribes like russia and all them?
                          No.

Comment

They might take it, and the next time you see it will be in court as evidence....me lud.
                            Rob

Comment

Why don't you just use the drivers side reverse light? Just take the fog light wires up to it and replace the bulb with a red one????
                              Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X