Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake light

Hi all

Plod female pulled me over yesterday because I had one defective brake light, it must have blown recently as motted only 8 weeks back, I've gotten a producer and another form to have the mot garage stamp when the work's been done, trouble is the bulbs are red and the normal bulb is white, can you get red ones or is white brake lights ok? Hazzo

Originally posted by Hazzo
    Hi all

Plod female pulled me over yesterday because I had one defective brake light, it must have blown recently as motted only 8 weeks back, I've gotten a producer and another form to have the mot garage stamp when the work's been done, trouble is the bulbs are red and the normal bulb is white, can you get red ones or is white brake lights ok? Hazzo

Blimey, the police are a bit anal 'round your neck of the woods ain't they?!
    Yes, you can get red bulbs, Halfords or boy racer shops, you can even get transparent red model paint to paint clear bulbs.

Don't forget your tyre pressures, you don't want to get pulled again!!!!!!

Comment

Dont forget your washer bottle needs to be topped up. You can get done for that now.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Thanks folks, I was ok on the tire pressures as they also had me turn out my pockets and searched the vehicle, the dustcaps were in my pockets so had to own up to the tire pressure check I'd performed earlier that day, the search was down to me being arrested on suspicion of an offense 10 years earlier which came up when the overzealous 19 yo lady plod checked whether I had a full license.

Trouble was I was on my way to Makro for engine oil and thinking about getting a svo top up for the diesel tank but decided it would be in my best interests to forgo the svo if I'm gonna get pulled for one f***in blown bulb.

I was also delayed by a good twenty minutes as lady plod called for assistance with the search as she was on her own at the time, I'v known these lot were wa**ers since the miners strike and this area has always been a training ground for new plod but I couldn't believe a pull for this $$$$. The assisting officers btw looked like she'd put them through similar before, did the job as quick as poss n sent me on my way.

Anyway ta for light info, be back soon Hazzo.

Comment

PS. Done the water bottle and coolant along with servicing on my return, but dammit, I forgot to empty the ashtrays. Hazzo

Comment

what the fk???
            if she was on her own i remember there being some rule about her not being alowed to pull you over or something like that.
            i was following someone and going a bit too quick and didnt notice the police coming towards as i turned into another road. he chased after us and we had pulled up a bit further down the road. he slowed down and got beside me, the person i followed had already gone into his house. then he pulled up infront of us and waited in the car for about 10 minutes. then left!

you know its 3 points and a fine for each under inflated tyre? friend of a friend got done by a police check-point. not long having passed his test he had about 3 accidents none of which were his fault (we actually laugh at it - no one hurt) then this police check gave him points and a fine! he doesnt drive anymore. he refuses to after all this happened within about 2 months.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Just being mugged off I reckon, like I said I reckon she was just qualified or something or she has no cop mates I've never seen one on their lonesome up here for years, definitely a nit picker though as she checked I have a license and I'me still required to produce, WTHF. Hazzo

Comment

the only way i managed to gt my redstop and tail bulb where from here
                www.lexustaillights.com
                or
                www.quadconversions.com
                hope these are some help
                colin

Comment

You can also pick the bulbs up on Ebay.

Comment

Cheers for the info folks, was on my way to halfords when I noticed the local BR shop who had some, I cleaned them out of their whole stock (4) so at least I've got a spare set, called at my local MOT station on the return journey and had the stamp done without them even looking at the motor, must be my honest mug, anyhow produce the docs tomorrow so hopefully thats it. Glad the fuzz are keeping their eyes peeled while we're on red alert, we can all sleep, safe in our beds in the knowledge that any bomber in a 4x4 with a dodgy brakelight will get the same treatment. This country's a joke! Hazzo

Comment

you said it hazzo.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

well you do have a 4x4 and if it was cold it could of been a little smokey.....
                        you arent working for the nhs are you

Comment

No, but I used to be a docker. H

Comment

Working...
                          X