SVO and curiosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVO and curiosity

Knowing that we have a few chemistry types on here, and being of an inquisitive nature, what effect would turpentine, (pure gum turpentine, not the petroleum derived substitute), have upon SVO?

Not sure if this helps Matt, but it might be worth a read.

http://www.autonopedia.org.uk/Tech/E...0biodiesel.htm
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Cheers. I'll have a read of that. Cig and cuppa time.

Comment

Still no wiser.

Comment

Ive just had a look at it and watched most of it fly over my head!

Comment

Does this one help ?

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/...d.php?tid=2358

Comment

Now this one does look promising.. it has references to gum terpentine also..

http://www.bio-power.co.uk/svo.htm

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                Ive just had a look at it and watched most of it fly over my head!
                Give it another read. You'll start to get the gist. Nice source of info, but it deals with the biodiesel conversion process more than anything. That part of things I became familiar with a while ago. It's the specific blending possibility and effects of turp and SVO that is the one thing I've never been able to find info on. Blending kerosene/paraffin, petrol, white spirit and god knows what else is covered, but I've never managed to find any info on that specific turp/SVO scenario. Single reason for this one is that it appears to have characteristics of the others with regards to the thinning/blending, but turpentine is a purely natural product, so is bypassing the fossil fuel part of the mix.

Comment

Now this one does look promising.. it has references to gum terpentine also..

http://www.bio-power.co.uk/svo.htm
                  Just gonna' have a look at this one now.

Comment

Still non the wiser. The Welsh bloke still has the same info as before about the kerosene/paraffin mixing. Thought he might have updated somewhat by now, but nope.

Comment

Looks like I have tonights bed time reading sorted then.. will there be questions tomorrow oh great master?

Comment

Looks like I have tonights bed time reading sorted then.. will there be questions tomorrow oh great master?
                        You lot are getting me worried now. Do I come across as some type of nerdy horn rimmed glasses geek or something? (Btw, yes, I do actually wear an old pair of round rimmed glasses with the expandable hook over ear pieces, but that is just coincidence).

Comment

No not at all.. but I'm sure someone will come along and correct me..

Comment

No not at all.. but I'm sure someone will come along and correct me..
                            Like piranha's on a meat chop. Btw, the bio-power site does have a decent design for a heat exchanger. Just remember that copper is out with SVO. (I think he designed his with copper pipe).

Comment

[QUOTE=MattF]You lot are getting me worried now. Do I come across as some type of nerdy horn rimmed glasses geek or something? (Btw, yes, I do actually wear an old pair of round rimmed glasses with the expandable hook over ear pieces, but that is just coincidence). [/QUOTE

yes]
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                              X