German Veg Oil Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Hornet
    Yep, that's the one. I titled it like that for those that were in the know. Didn't want to waste anyones time that didn't know what I meant.
    Hard to know what you mean when you don't post a link. German heater? That narrows it down to around 100 choices or so.

Comment

If it was too easy there would be no challenge for you lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        Matt, one of these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vegetable-Oil-...QQcmdZViewItem

Us engineers gotta stick together!

Not sure why a fuel heater would crack your head though... doubtful! Fuel at 90 deg is hardly gonna change the temperature of a head being fed air from a turbocharger!
        Yep that's the one that I bought, then cracked the head on my truck as I didn't burp the coolant system properly. No fault to the heater unit, it was operator error
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Where did you connect the live for the switch to?

Thanks

Comment

Where did you connect the live for the switch to?

Thanks
            I ran that off the cigarette lighter, both live and earth. That allowed me to put the switch on the centre console near the etc button. Then I fed the cable to the heater behind the glovebox and into the engine bay.

Comment

Thanks Captain. Any tips to help installation?

Simon

Comment

Thanks Captain. Any tips to help installation?

Simon
                Make sure you know what you're doing about burping your coolant, otherwise you'll get a knackerd head like me. You may need to lengthen some of the wires too as I was a few inches short on a couple of them, the earth for the switch was one. The way I got the cable from the switch to the unit was to poke a hole in the rubber plug where the rest of the electrics enters the interior on the passenger side with a wire coathanger the when it's through, tie the cable to the end and pull it back through. This site was usful in taking the dashboard and glovebox out http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm

Comment

2 more questions, if you don't mind as electrics is not my thing. How will I know the live and the earth and how long did it take you.

Comment

2 more questions, if you don't mind as electrics is not my thing. How will I know the live and the earth and how long did it take you.
                    Can't remember the colours of the wires running the cig lighter. But the earth is connected to the underside of the lighter and the positive runs into the back. The job took about a day to do, I work slow. It then 2 more days before the head blew lol

Comment

It's fitted and plumbed in to the bulkhead hoses. I have stuck 40L Sainsbury finest veg oil to 15L of Derv and it's running as normal, except cheaper.

All in it's cost me £100.

May have to turn that fuel pump valve up for more power as fuels so cheap now!

Comment

It's fitted and plumbed in to the bulkhead hoses. I have stuck 40L Sainsbury finest veg oil to 15L of Derv and it's running as normal, except cheaper.

All in it's cost me £100.

May have to turn that fuel pump valve up for more power as fuels so cheap now!
                        Congratulations mate, happy veg surfing

Comment

Working...
                        X