viscous fan, how 'hard' should it be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    If anyone from your end is out this way at all anytime soon, I have a dual fan Jag shroud and fans that you can have if you want to experiment with an electric setup. It will need some modifiying to fit, but if you want to give it a shot and see?

With regards to a possible leak, that really could be any of the hoses. Rad cap and rad are obviously out of the equation, so that only really leaves hoses or matrixes.

Matrices?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Matrices?
      Thought that was a purely mathematical term? There isn't a true plural of matrix, is there?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Thought that was a purely mathematical term? There isn't a true plural of matrix, is there?

Dunno, I was just trying to bulldoze the bulldozer!

Comment

he's had a new rad, so not that. must be a leak, maybe from the thermostat housing as he's put a new one in. or any of ten different hoses.

if i remember rightly it should be a 0.9 bar rad cap shouldn't it?? i know he's fitted a roughtrax one and thinks its too tight.

cheers for this anyway, im just bouncing a few thoughts round my head, always worth asking for a second opinion
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Dunno, I was just trying to bulldoze the bulldozer!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
              he's had a new rad, so not that. must be a leak, maybe from the thermostat housing as he's put a new one in. or any of ten different hoses.

if i remember rightly it should be a 0.9 bar rad cap shouldn't it?? i know he's fitted a roughtrax one and thinks its too tight.

cheers for this anyway, im just bouncing a few thoughts round my head, always worth asking for a second opinion

If you're thinking of hoses, check the ones under the thermostat housing, that connect to those metal u-bends and feed across the front of the engine to the front matrix. I think they're 5/8th's hose. Check those hoses on both sides of the u-bend. They seem to be the worst affected, hose wise.

0.9 bar cap is the right one. If it's the same shape as the original, (the bottom section that goes into the filler neck), it's the right cap. There's only about two or three different designs in total for the Hilux, if I remember correctly, and they're visibly different.

Comment

Working...
              X