Gutted!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magnum force
    A up Andrew, that sounds good if we can do it. Taking it for a gas test Friday but i think its gone. Its ok round town but i took it a run just and soon as i hit 80 the temp started going up. Stoped at a set if lights and the needle went down but was (for a better word) flickering

If the engine was overheating at 80mph but cooled down when you stopped at the lights, you should check your viscous fan is working correctly and the rad is clear of obstructions, namely MUD!

Comment

Nice one Andrew, thanks millions mate. Ill let you know when ive been and had gas test on Friday
      Keine Probleme!
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER]If the engine was overheating at 80mph but cooled down when you stopped at the lights, you should check your viscous fan is working correctly and the rad is clear of obstructions, namely MUD![/QUOT

Not sure how to check the fan but the rad is new on Saturday, cost 200 quid

Comment

[QUOTE=magnum force]
          Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          If the engine was overheating at 80mph but cooled down when you stopped at the lights, you should check your viscous fan is working correctly and the rad is clear of obstructions, namely MUD![/QUOT

Not sure how to check the fan but the rad is new on Saturday, cost 200 quid

Have a read here......

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showth...t=viscous+fans

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER]
            Linkmeister General strikes again!!

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER]

Right then, read that and shot out side to the truck. Its been stood about 40mins and when i flick the fan it will only go round 2/3 blades

Comment

Right then, read that and shot out side to the truck. Its been stood about 40mins and when i flick the fan it will only go round 2/3 blades
                You said a dodgy rad cap had caused it? Have you double checked for airlocks since putting a replacement cap on?

Comment

check for leaks as well around the thermostat housing that you changed or any leaking hoses, if water can get out, then air can get in.

still dont think you have blown the head mate. disconnect the rear heater as its not flowing properly around there. also make sure there are no big kinks in the hoses restricting the flow.
                  TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                    check for leaks as well around the thermostat housing that you changed or any leaking hoses, if water can get out, then air can get in.

still dont think you have blown the head mate. disconnect the rear heater as its not flowing properly around there. also make sure there are no big kinks in the hoses restricting the flow.

i started to read the vehicle description, then started laughing - and now I've got coca cola coming out of my nose.....

Seriously though, how is it??

Comment

honestly, its $$$$$$ lovely. slower than the surf, and a little more noise at motorway speeds. but more comfortable for me, premium spec run out model of the 300tdi so has all the toys. and they all work. :shock:

have scoured the garages within 50 mile radius looking for a good one, my god theres a lot of $$$$ put there with a landy badge. found a minter in the end. im honestly very impressed. ask me again in 3 months.....
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

honestly, its $$$$$$ lovely. slower than the surf, and a little more noise at motorway speeds. but more comfortable for me, premium spec run out model of the 300tdi so has all the toys. and they all work. :shock:

have scoured the garages within 50 mile radius looking for a good one, my god theres a lot of $$$$ put there with a landy badge. found a minter in the end. im honestly very impressed. ask me again in 3 months.....
                        Where do you get the 'Land Rover recovery vehicle' stickers???

I feel the need........

Comment

honestly, its $$$$$$ lovely. slower than the surf, and a little more noise at motorway speeds.
                          It survived motorway speeds, intact?

Comment

hehehe 'attach surf here' i can feel one coming on... anyway think this is called hijacking phil's thread hope you get it sorted mate its a horrible feeling to think your heads up the swanny. ring me friday and let me know what the gas test throws up.
                            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

hehehe 'attach surf here' i can feel one coming on... anyway think this is called hijacking phil's thread hope you get it sorted mate its a horrible feeling to think your heads up the swanny. ring me friday and let me know what the gas test throws up.
                              Going to get the test to day. Had a $$$$ nights sleep so im going to stuff to days job off till to morrow

Comment

Mine was doing that have you run the system up to temp with the rad cap off?? especially if you have just changes the rad could just be air in the system. it took me about 3 hours to get the air all out my system after a rad change right pain in the arse!!

Comment

Working...
                                X