@apache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    Not sure they do them in 'fatboy' size though. Mind you, some of the aircrew I work with...
    Just borrow a barrage balloon.

Comment

I know exactly wot you mean!

We have a few old geezers walking round in those old ex-RAF green aircrew suits that incidentaly, are made for 6foot odd people with a 28inch waist ! I am slightly rotund at 5foot 7inches tall with a 39and7/8inch belly (sponsored by Budweiser) and they look like weebles ,they wobble and some do fall over !

I wouldn't even dare try to wear one of those now ! I'd most likely put me back out trying to get the thing on !

Anyway ,best foot forward tomorow M8
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Wonder how things (are going|have gone).

Comment

He's probably fidgeting in his suit...thinking "Damn, I hate ties, why do people wear ties....and I wonder if they can read my 'Real Men Cook with FIRE' T-shirt......
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
            He's probably fidgeting in his suit...thinking "Damn, I hate ties, why do people wear ties....and I wonder if they can read my 'Real Men Cook with FIRE' T-shirt......

Comment

LOL!

Hi guys. I *think* it went very well. Interview started as soon as I got there (08:45) and we chatted for over an hour. Took me round the facility, the test chambers etc, and at one point said "that office there would be yours". Was very interested in my military / MOD contacts and interested in the potential for me to bring new business to them. I suggested most military helicopters would fit in their MBT test chamber with the rotors removed...

It was fairly clear that they deal with MOD etc now, but would benefit greatly from someone who understands their systems of working etc.

Two positions available (one new post, one guy retiring later in the year). He did ask me if I was on a tight schedule regarding changing jobs - I said no. (that rang alarm bells, though maybe uneccessarily)

I feel I could hit the ground running with them, and be fully on top of things inside three months (though it's RF rather than optical - same thing as I'm doing, just MUCH lower frequencies )

He had to kick me out at 11 as he had a commercial customer waiting to see him (literally, he greeted him in reception as I was leaving), but on the whole I felt it went well. He didn't give me any indication of when he would let me know, but he was an EMC engineer and we know what their social skills are like

I plan on calling him next week sometime if I dont hear anything first and just asking for an indication as to what he thought, as I would like to be able to let my current employer know what the situation is. Happy to wait until the other guy retires though.

Anyway - actually enjoyed myself! No fear now if I come to do more interviews in the near future
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                LOL!

Hi guys. I *think* it went very well. Interview started as soon as I got there (08:45) and we chatted for over an hour. Took me round the facility, the test chambers etc, and at one point said "that office there would be yours". Was very interested in my military / MOD contacts and interested in the potential for me to bring new business to them. I suggested most military helicopters would fit in their MBT test chamber with the rotors removed...

It was fairly clear that they deal with MOD etc now, but would benefit greatly from someone who understands their systems of working etc.

Two positions available (one new post, one guy retiring later in the year). He did ask me if I was on a tight schedule regarding changing jobs - I said no. (that rang alarm bells, though maybe uneccessarily)

I feel I could hit the ground running with them, and be fully on top of things inside three months (though it's RF rather than optical - same thing as I'm doing, just MUCH lower frequencies )

He had to kick me out at 11 as he had a commercial customer waiting to see him (literally, he greeted him in reception as I was leaving), but on the whole I felt it went well. He didn't give me any indication of when he would let me know, but he was an EMC engineer and we know what their social skills are like

I plan on calling him next week sometime if I dont hear anything first and just asking for an indication as to what he thought, as I would like to be able to let my current employer know what the situation is. Happy to wait until the other guy retires though.

Anyway - actually enjoyed myself! No fear now if I come to do more interviews in the near future
                Great news Andy - let us know what happens next!
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Engineer and social skills in one sentence. That must be a first. Keep us updated. Sounds promising though. We know how p1ssy they are if they don't like someone, and you spent a good while there, so you must've fitted in somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                  X