dirty b****rds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dirty b****rds

just called virginmedia again to get my dodgy internet problem sorted out and they have changed the number from being a free one to an 09069 dirty gay chat line one. now it costs 15p connection + 25p per minute. and its their fault i have a problem!!!!!
    they can f right off mate. there is an engineer booked out for today this afternoon, but i cant cancel it or put a not on the account because i cant dial that number.
    after this is sorted, any further problems and ill be dialing the free number to cancel the service so i can switch with sky.

i cant see how they expect me to pay for their faults.
    more company rapes...
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

It is disgusting that anyone should have to pay to phone a company to report a problem.

Have you tried looking here - http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php for an alternative number?
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Re

We just migrated to Virgin because of the hype of how good it was.

This turned out to be utter bayleeks as our connection now is as slow as feck!

My BF2142 is now unplayable online and it is simply because their main pipes are too overloaded with customers.

They are sooooo greedy that we are all fighting for bandwidth.

However, being the genius that I am I have found a workaround.

When you connect to virgin you can connect anywhere in the country it seems, I have been connected to Birmingham, London and others (WTF is that about?).

It is simply a matter of disconnecting and reconnecting until you get a central pipe that isn't as overloaded.

I use a freeware program called "Ping Plotter" to check latency to the BBC website.

Download here:-

ftp://www.pingplotter.com/pub/pingplotter/pngplt_1.exe

If it is over 30ms I disconnect and reconnect again.

I have seen my latency go up to around 300ms which is horrendous.

Unfortunately, unless virgin buy a lot more bandwidth off BT Wholesale this is the only thing to do.

It works but it is a pain in the arse doing it.

Later!

Gary
      Last edited by hellmett; 3 July 2007, 12:44.

Comment

According to a few posts here - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...d.php?t=607391

you should be able to get any call costs refunded if it's a genuine Virgin Media problem.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
          It is disgusting that anyone should have to pay to phone a company to report a problem.

Have you tried looking here - http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php for an alternative number?
          cheers for that i completely forgot about this one. may be this will help me out
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
            We just migrated to Virgin because of the hype of how good it was.

This turned out to be utter bayleeks as our connection now is as slow as feck!

My BF2142 is now unplayable online and it is simply because their main pipes are too overloaded with customers.

They are sooooo greedy that we are all fighting for bandwidth.

However, being the genius that I am I have found a workaround.

When you connect to virgin you can connect anywhere in the country it seems, I have been connected to Birmingham, London and others (WTF is that about?).

It is simply a matter of disconnecting and reconnecting until you get a central pipe that isn't as overloaded.

I use a freeware program called "Ping Plotter" to check latency to the BBC website.

Download here:-

ftp://www.pingplotter.com/pub/pingplotter/pngplt_1.exe

If it is over 30ms I disconnect and reconnect again.

I have seen my latency go up to around 300ms which is horrendous.

Unfortunately, unless virgin buy a lot more bandwidth off BT Wholesale this is the only thing to do.

It works but it is a pain in the arse doing it.

Later!

Gary

i take it your going through your phone line then? im through coaxial cable which should be lightning quick. but im having similar problems to you - i play unreal tournament sometimes, and i share the connection.
            our coaxial is broadband on the main coax line in that also carries tv signals.
            i reported that the service was slow (for about a month in total on and off) and they refunded some serivice charge. but you need to keep on and on (ariston) and be nice.
            i really dont want to go through the hasstle of switching. the only other tv provider is sky!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

switch to sky

weve been on virgin for years well ntl before . so $$$$$$ slow and rubbish service now . just switching to sky and there giving it away if you say the right things . weve just got 6 pack tv 8 meg broadband free wireless router . free evening n weekend calls . free skyplus box . and there even paying for our bt line to be installed 124 quid . all for 30 quid a month . ya cant go wrong
              black n tan
              black n tan
              yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
                weve been on virgin for years well ntl before . so $$$$$$ slow and rubbish service now . just switching to sky and there giving it away if you say the right things . weve just got 6 pack tv 8 meg broadband free wireless router . free evening n weekend calls . free skyplus box . and there even paying for our bt line to be installed 124 quid . all for 30 quid a month . ya cant go wrong
                how did you get all that?
                are you the mob?
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

normal

its normal practise m8 . if you tell them your thinking of going to sky from virgin they do all they can . and you just have to milk it. easy peasy
                  black n tan
                  black n tan
                  yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

looks like ill give it another go then. soon as my internet packs up AGAIN. there is no way im dialing that 09069 number
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i got us a free upgrade from 1 to 4 meg, V+ box installed free (usualy £75), cheaper mobile calls and still got about a tenner off the bill per month.

been using ntl/virgin for years and never had any serious issues but I dont game that much anymore so letency is not such a prob for me.
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                      X