Will 235/85/16 fit a gen 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 235/85/16 fit a gen 2?

Not sure if its lifted, but I've got some Insa Special track tyres (Simex copies), they are 235/85/16 and I've been given some 16" alloys off a Pajero, will they fit (works out as 31.7x9.25x16) so only .7 of an inch over the stock fitment size.....

I need to know VERY quickly

Andrew

1994 4-runner 3.0TD

I reckon they'll fit OK. I had 265/75-16's on mine (which was standard height when I bought it) which works out about the same diameter.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I reckon so, at most it'll need a 2inch lift if they rub aslong as the wheels ain't some crazy offset, i think the offset would have to be about 20 mm out for them to rub, but don't ask me how i came to this conclusion it was just my logic. I can't remember if the standard surf offset is -8 or -20mm but anyway the paj wheels will be close enough with that tyre on. Try it, if it rubs a little lift it a little, 2" will cost you anything from £70 to just stick longer springs on the back and wind the torsion bars up a bit, but i reckon they'll be fine anyway.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Cheers for a quick reply both of you.

Now any good suppliers for springs?
        Andrew

1994 4-runner 3.0TD

Comment

www.milneroffroad.com

and those insa's are an awesome tyre, nice one mate! good choice
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by nishikigoi
            Cheers for a quick reply both of you.

Now any good suppliers for springs?
            Milners.

Comment

milners don't do lift springs, depends how much you wanna spend. Could either use the milners springs and coil spacers, or just use the roughtrax +2" springs. If you carry any sort of weight in the back spend a little more and get the milners ones and spacers.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

or the hdj80 +3 lc springs from milners...
                TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

From what I have gathered surfing this forum, milners sag and roughtrax snap! Any other makes to look at?
                  Andrew

1994 4-runner 3.0TD

Comment

Originally posted by nishikigoi
                    From what I have gathered surfing this forum, milners sag and roughtrax snap! Any other makes to look at?
                    Roughtrax now get their springs from a differant supplier and Barry says they're a better quality spring.The milners l/cruiser springs seem to be ok
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I haven't had any problems with the roughtrax springs so far, they have sagged a little from new, but still sit higher than factory i reckon. They've had some offroad hammering, easy offroad with heavy loads on, motorway trips with serious weight in. They've been fitted about a year i think, and so far so good, if i continue to use and abuse the truck the way i do i still reckon they're good for at least another year. I know 2 years ain't long to expect from a spring, but i appreciate that while the surfs getting the abuse it's getting things is gonna break and/or wear quicker.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                        Roughtrax now get their springs from a differant supplier and Barry says they're a better quality spring.The milners l/cruiser springs seem to be ok
                        Hi Rich
                        Glad to see your news and that things are joining up nicely - can you just remind me, what were those springs that I got from you - were they plus anything, heavier duty and what make, they are recomended whatever they are!!!!!!!!
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                          Hi Rich
                          Glad to see your news and that things are joining up nicely - can you just remind me, what were those springs that I got from you - were they plus anything, heavier duty and what make, they are recomended whatever they are!!!!!!!!
                          Hi and thx Tony.They were brand new from explorer but originally they were part of a 2" lift kit from roughtrax but the original springs sagged and i got them replaced by explorer procomp,but i wont say anything about the name on the box tho Tony..
                          Last edited by stormforce; 3 July 2007, 19:38.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                            Hi and thx Tony.They were brand new from explorer but originally they were part of a 2" lift kit from roughtrax but the original springs sagged and i got them replaced by explorer procomp,but i wont say anything about the name on the box tho Tony..
                            bit puzled by what you mean re the name, it has explorer procomp on the box, and of course your name and addy on the cariers label. So do these springs have any additional lift on their own or are they uprated as they do have more turns and are thicker than the standard ones I took off - and such a beautifull shade of blue
                            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                            Tony

Comment

They are a 2" lift but you will probably only get 1.5" of lift as i did
                              all i know is that they are explorer springs and don't know if they are any certain make or not
                              Last edited by stormforce; 3 July 2007, 21:13.

Comment

Working...
                              X