Help!! - Toyota Avensis question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! - Toyota Avensis question

Sorry folks that this isn't really a surf related question.

My wife drives a 1.8 toyota avensis and has only just noticed that the Econodrive monitor indicator light doesn't appear on the instrument panel when driving. I have checked all the fuses/connections and they are fine, anybody else come across this before, as I'm baffled, it has just had a service and it wasn't working then[/FONT].

whats it supposed to do? is it normally on when driving? is it switchable? eg can you turn it on and off by a button or something?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

its a green light that comes on if you are driving sensibly put your foot down and it goes off i just wondered why it no longer works thanks for asking started to feel a bit lonley

Comment

she's obviously not driving sensibly enough
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Don't know any specifics, but in general I would look at changing the bulb 1st, and then try to locate the switch/actuator, which may have something to do with throttle position.

What engine is fitted to it, petrol diesel, turbo? etc etc.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

its an 1800 petrol many thanks for replys chaps some good feedback there

Comment

its most likely run by a vacuum off the inlet manifold. good idea to check the bulb 1st.. but if its a newish car then most likely wont be that i would of thought but you never know!
              if its an LED then more than likely wont be a dud bulb but i havnt seen LEDs on cars since the golfs.

have a nosey around the engine bay its probably a tiny thin vacuum hose that connects to a UFO shaped thingy with wires coming out.

can you get hold of an econodrive diagram?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
                have a nosey around the engine bay its probably a tiny thin vacuum hose that connects to a UFO shaped thingy with wires coming out.

I love it when you talk technical, he he.....
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Best place to ask is on here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                    I love it when you talk technical, he he.....
                    hee hee
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

well done lads bulb had blown 89p from motor factors all sorted thanks for all your kind help

Comment

Working...
                      X