Bargain CB Radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marky
    Get a 25Watt BURNER Boosts your outward bound signal & annoys the neighbours as they cant watch TV.
    In my CB days i had a 22ft SILVER ROD with a 50Watt Burneri then moved upto a SIGMA4 Aerial fixed onto 20ft Scaffold pole it was Awesome

So you're the one!

My tele's always playin' up, what with "10-4 good buddy" and " what's ya '20".........
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
      Can you do this with a multimeter??? I put my CB in about a year ago - never thought that I'd need to do an SWR test - seems fine to me.....

Some of the modern kits are pre-swr'ed, so should be ok, but still worth checking just in case.
      Rob

Comment

I used to bleed all over my local good buddies as well
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          I used to bleed all over my local good buddies as well

Do you need a band aid?........
          Rob

Comment

The info I got with the magmount I bought to go with the CB says it's already SWR'd for EU channels but may need adjusting for the UK?

What's all that about?
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
              The info I got with the magmount I bought to go with the CB says it's already SWR'd for EU channels but may need adjusting for the UK?

What's all that about?

Just what it says, may need adjusting for the UK channels, but is set for the EU channels, as some rigs now have both sets of frequencies.
              Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                Just what it says, may need adjusting for the UK channels, but is set for the EU channels, as some rigs now have both sets of frequencies.
                Ha! Yeah! I guess I asked for that! Pretty numb question now I come to read it again. You could have at least put a smilie after the I'm all embarrassed now!
                Last edited by Scorpion; 6 July 2007, 20:33.
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                  Ha! Yeah! I guess I asked for that! Pretty numb question now I come to read it again. You could have at least put a smilie after the I'm all embarrassed now!
                  Now why would we have thought that was a dumb question?

Comment

Working...
                  X