• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pops
    so am i
    and matt the jessie calls me gramps
    We just call you grumps
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

mine is on a mag mount just behind the sun roof.i was thinking of fitting it to the light bar,permanently.but ive had a few issues where i have had to take the mag mount down due to there not being enough height getting into places,twice ive taken fluorescent tubes out with the ariel now and they do go with quite a bang.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        We just call you grumps
        OVER HERE SOMEONE Saucer of MILK
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone
          I was looking for a similar solution to you and some searching on yotatech turned up the Firestik door jamb mount as a possible solution. It's what I bought anyhow. (bought from US Ebay)

Found this pic of it in my searches:

Rob.
          Cheers Rob, thats exactly what i need. Saves drilling the body & is very discreet. Going to go hunting for one now.

Thanks for the help lads.
          Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

When you've found a supplier can you post it up, I was thinking bull bar mount but worried about whipping people in the face

That looks neat.
            Wax on, wax off

Comment

the hen is pretty good
              Hell, it'll be like having the missus with you.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Hell, it'll be like having the missus with you.
                Terrie matt the jessie says ..................... matt i would now
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Terrie matt the jessie says ..................... matt i would now

Comment

I couldn't source one in the UK. This is the Ebay US seller I bought from. Good service / comms.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIRESTIK-SS-20...QQcmdZViewItem

As an aside, Jim at 4x4CB told me he may look into having something similar made up in the UK.

Rob.
                    Last edited by wishbone; 1 July 2007, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone
                      I couldn't source one in the UK. This is the Ebay US seller I bought from. Good service / comms.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIRESTIK-SS-20...QQcmdZViewItem

As an aside, Jim at 4x4CB told me he may look into having something similar made up in the UK.

Rob.
                      That's the same one i just found. Have had a good look on the CB sites and at this time it would appear that no-one in the uk does anything along these lines. Would be great if 4x4CB had something available as the shipping costs are high from the US.
                      Think i will keep an eye on the website before i bite the bullet.
                      Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

It cost me 38.59 dollars so ~£26 all in delivered.

Try e-mailing 4x4cb, as he said he 'may' do it. You could be waiting forever otherwise.

Rob.

Comment

Thanks Rob, as you can spend £15-£20 on a mag mount that doesn't sound too bad.

Link saved as higher priority mods first
                          Wax on, wax off

Comment

just drill the roof !!!! fit a base , then just unscrew when not in use mine is at the back next to the spoiler.

Comment

The "A" bar idea is OK, but I've gone through two aerials, and two mounting plates.
                              So as I'm having some roof bars fitted, I'm just gonna ad another hole in the roof and mount it up there.
                              I am however fitting a "rubber duck" aerial wich was advised to me by someone at work who does regular car breaking off roading. This is a peice of conductive rubber from NASA, so it bounces off everything, only draw back is the range is reduced to 2 to 4 miles.
                              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                              X