Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More veg ..........

Hello to all,
    Could someone please give a straight answer to using veg oil ie the 1st 2500 ltrs are tax free? And if so which is the best type of oil to use (sunflower / rapeseed / veg). I dont want to appear dumb but a lot of threads on this subject seem vague, so:

1ST 2500 TAX FREE (RECEIPTS LOGGED) Y/N

IS SUPERMARKET BOUGHT OIL OK WITH C & E IN YOUR 2500LTR ALLOWANCE Y/N

BEST OIL (SUN / VEG /RAP) S / V / R

Oh, and my truck went veg yesterday (50/50 mix) and covered 70+ miles with no problems

Ok, no replies .... my fault for not lookin hard enough.

After much searchin and reading it does look like all is legal.

Bring on the Veggie !

Comment

Originally posted by Ricksurf
      Ok, no replies .... my fault for not lookin hard enough.

After much searchin and reading it does look like all is legal.

Bring on the Veggie !
      you might be like me - apprehensive as it seems to good to be true ! - been running it now for the last 2 weeks, about 50:50 and works a treat, i even like the smell. Mrs B didn't realise what i was up to and i've been chuckling away to myself as she keeps mentioning she can't believe people are still trying to have bar bq's in all this rain, she has sussed me out now though after a visit to tesco's where i bought 10 3 litre bottles of their finest veg oil. Need a visit to Makro me thinks
      Bunkle
      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

i just stuck 15lts on top of half a tank and it is sweet , like you say the smell is ok .
        john...
        i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

as far as i understand it. if you use, or expect to use more than 2500 ltrs of veg oil/bio deisel etc in any 12 month period, then you are expected to register, keep records, and pay duty. as to how much, if any is duty free, its not clear. if you fall into the sub 2500 ltr bracket, you are still expected to keep records for 6 yrs.
          as to how long this tax break lasts is anyones guess. they will find a way around it, and they will want their duty. i can see it being supplied at the pumps (bio deisel) widely. or the price of veg oil will go through the roof, either way they'll get their money.
          enviromentally its a good thing.....also its one up the a$$ for the anti 4x4 brigade....we're here in our nasty 4x4, burning eco friendly fuel while they carry on burning petrol in their diddy cars...
          enjoy the 50p or so a ltr while it lasts

Comment

Originally posted by johnd
            i just stuck 15lts on top of half a tank and it is sweet , like you say the smell is ok .
            john...
            You will get a far better mix by adding the Veg first
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Ricksurf
              Hello to all,
              Could someone please give a straight answer to using veg oil ie the 1st 2500 ltrs are tax free? And if so which is the best type of oil to use (sunflower / rapeseed / veg). I dont want to appear dumb but a lot of threads on this subject seem vague, so:

1ST 2500 TAX FREE (RECEIPTS LOGGED) Y/N

IS SUPERMARKET BOUGHT OIL OK WITH C & E IN YOUR 2500LTR ALLOWANCE Y/N

BEST OIL (SUN / VEG /RAP) S / V / R

Oh, and my truck went veg yesterday (50/50 mix) and covered 70+ miles with no problems
              rapeseed, its the cheapest. sunflower has a lower gelling point but costs more. i heard rapeseed has better lubricating qualities

Comment

Makro has increased the price about £1 per every 20 ltrs .
                i was paying £ 9 -97 now its £ 10-97 so im informed for 20 litre box.

Comment

Originally posted by IIIrd
                  as far as i understand it. if you use, or expect to use more than 2500 ltrs of veg oil/bio deisel etc in any 12 month period, then you are expected to register, keep records, and pay duty. as to how much, if any is duty free, its not clear. if you fall into the sub 2500 ltr bracket, you are still expected to keep records for 6 yrs.
                  as to how long this tax break lasts is anyones guess. they will find a way around it, and they will want their duty. i can see it being supplied at the pumps (bio deisel) widely. or the price of veg oil will go through the roof, either way they'll get their money.
                  enviromentally its a good thing.....also its one up the a$$ for the anti 4x4 brigade....we're here in our nasty 4x4, burning eco friendly fuel while they carry on burning petrol in their diddy cars...
                  enjoy the 50p or so a ltr while it lasts

They'll try their best to screw us for it. Like I've just been saying to the wife, though, with the veg oil being a standard food cooking item these days, the supermarkets would have a hard time trying to rocket the price too much. They'd have a lot of peed off customers who do use it purely for cooking purposes. I think they'll raise the price, but within reason.

Comment

Originally posted by IIIrd
                    rapeseed, its the cheapest. sunflower has a lower gelling point but costs more. i heard rapeseed has better lubricating qualities
                    It's also due to another couple of points like the calorific value and iodine content, but there is very little difference between rapeseed and sunflower oil. Rapeseed has the slight edge though.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      They'll try their best to screw us for it. Like I've just been saying to the wife, though, with the veg oil being a standard food cooking item these days, the supermarkets would have a hard time trying to rocket the price too much. They'd have a lot of peed off customers who do use it purely for cooking purposes. I think they'll raise the price, but within reason.

The thing is, people who use oil for cooking purposes will get through a 1 litre bottle every couple of months or so so they really wouldn't feel a price increase. whereas people who fuel their cars with it buy vast quatities weekly.
                      people who do use it soley for cooking will start to hate 4X4 owners.
                      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                        Hmm. Pretty much 4x4 life as normal then.

Comment

Just been to makro today and they have vg on sale for 9.97 in 20lts plastic tubs. Now if i go down to my local chippy and aske to take there oil of thier hands for free, do i have to give them a waste disposal docket of some kind ? and how do i filter the old oil so that its fit to put in the car?
                          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                            Just been to makro today and they have vg on sale for 9.97 in 20lts plastic tubs. Now if i go down to my local chippy and aske to take there oil of thier hands for free, do i have to give them a waste disposal docket of some kind ? and how do i filter the old oil so that its fit to put in the car?
                            I know I'll probably upset the people who are using WVO, but don't. WVO is fit for one thing, and that's conversion to biodiesel, not as a direct fuel for the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                              The thing is, people who use oil for cooking purposes will get through a 1 litre bottle every couple of months or so so they really wouldn't feel a price increase. whereas people who fuel their cars with it buy vast quatities weekly.
                              www.chefsagainst4x4s.com
                              its only round the corner

Comment

Working...
                              X