waddington air show!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waddington air show!!!

Supposed to be taking the family there today even though its chucking it down!!

The organisers say that the show will go on wot ever the weather.

I hope the rain calms down a bit so we can enjoy the day better.
    CHEERS JOHN................

Hello Slim your journey may be wasted ! I send you this message from our laptop we are on the Falklands display with our Wessex and Gazelle from Aeroventure Doncaster. We have just been told that the show is cancelled ! it is a total washout we had bad rain yesterday and the fields got badly churned up by the brave crowd that turned up yesterday ! I hope you get back ok ! I came here to get away from my flooded village nr Bentley but to no avail. Highlight of my day sitting in the RNAF Apache and RAF Merlin helicopter cockpits !
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

The FLYING BOATS would be ok then
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by John h
        Hello Slim your journey may be wasted ! I send you this message from our laptop we are on the Falklands display with our Wessex and Gazelle from Aeroventure Doncaster. We have just been told that the show is cancelled ! it is a total washout we had bad rain yesterday and the fields got badly churned up by the brave crowd that turned up yesterday ! I hope you get back ok ! I came here to get away from my flooded village nr Bentley but to no avail. Highlight of my day sitting in the RNAF Apache and RAF Merlin helicopter cockpits !
        Hi john, we got to waddington and was turned away by police! they would not let us in!!

The funny thing is that we were listening to airshow fm and links fm, and they said that today was gonna be a great day cause the weather will be better than saturday! even after being turned away by the police! we did'nt beleave it!. did you get out ok??

Comment

Yes got back to sunny Toll Bar and had a laugh at the reporters from Look North (one of the pumps let go of their out pipe and sprayed the gathering throng with a mixture of floodwater and composite mix of sewage sludge !) We are having our own Falklands Tribute weekend at Aeroventure on sat/sun 14th/15th July so hopefully we can display our collection in some sunshine for a change !
          Must admit we were pretty non plussed at the late announcement of s$$$$ping the sunday show the weather was much drier than saturday and there was quite a queue at the gates waiting to come in !

Oh well Yeovilton next saturday

Take care M8

Comment

Originally posted by John h
            Yes got back to sunny Toll Bar and had a laugh at the reporters from Look North (one of the pumps let go of their out pipe and sprayed the gathering throng with a mixture of floodwater and composite mix of sewage sludge !) We are having our own Falklands Tribute weekend at Aeroventure on sat/sun 14th/15th July so hopefully we can display our collection in some sunshine for a change !
            Must admit we were pretty non plussed at the late announcement of s$$$$ping the sunday show the weather was much drier than saturday and there was quite a queue at the gates waiting to come in !

Oh well Yeovilton next saturday

Take care M8
            Hope tollbar becomes a little less of a water hazard soon m8!!

was up that way on friday working didn't look to good, catcliffe is the same also, most parts of rotherham are back to normal now, apart from the cleaning up that is, did a jod at b&q hillsborough last week, what a mess that place is!! anything below a metre is totaly buggered. dont want to see that again.

good luck and all the best for the next few weeks..

Comment

Thanks for your good wishes

My youngest was working at Parkgate last week ,chucking out a load of stock at Pets at home he said B&Q looked rough.

got to book the Surf in for a service and have all the oils and grease replaced ! all this driving through the water isn't doing it any good at all !

Do you think they really have fixed Ully Dam ?

Comment

Working...
              X