Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Just had rad replaced on truck , everything fine until i went to take it out and all off a sudden the stearing went and its rattling from some were, is this anything to do with something being left off when rad was replaced. Help .

Originally posted by Mitsy
    Just had rad replaced on truck , everything fine until i went to take it out and all off a sudden the stearing went and its rattling from some were, is this anything to do with something being left off when rad was replaced. Help .
    wouldn't have thought so, nowhere near anything connected to the steering. when you say the steering went, do you mean it doesn't turn at all (like locked up or something) or just hard to turn?
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

check your power steering fluid , may just be a pipe off..
      john
      i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
        wouldn't have thought so, nowhere near anything connected to the steering. when you say the steering went, do you mean it doesn't turn at all (like locked up or something) or just hard to turn?
        Just hard to turn as tho i had run out off diesel plus a knocking sound under the truck.

Comment

Power steering belt broken
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Just hard to turn as tho i had run out off diesel plus a knocking sound under the truck.

Power steering belt snapped or come off?

Comment

check fluid anyway, but if its accompanied by a knocking then something else is more likely the problem.

Comment

ye but would there be a knocking under the truck when it is stood still but just ticking over.

Comment

If the belt is wrapped around something, or the pulley may be loose or busted,
                  Rob

Comment

is she ignoring us or what?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      is she ignoring us or what?
                      answer to that one's in the question! women just don't listen!

the answer a bird wants to something like this is YES! it is entirely the fault of some man, somewhere, and it's going to cost a fortune because of some other man somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                        answer to that one's in the question! women just don't listen!

the answer a bird wants to something like this is YES! it is entirely the fault of some man, somewhere, and it's going to cost a fortune because of some other man somewhere else.
                        No im not ignoring u just a bit p!ssed off as we were off to stoneleigh tomorrow to the show which i paid 50 quid for tickets and now we cant go. isn't that always the way. Thanks for the advise lads new i could rely on u all again.

Comment

No im not ignoring u just a bit p!ssed off as we were off to stoneleigh tomorrow to the show which i paid 50 quid for tickets and now we cant go. isn't that always the way. Thanks for the advise lads new i could rely on u all again.

If it's just a belt gone, then you may be able to get one from halfrauds, or one that will fit at least, you may find that any toyota p/s belt will fit, or a universal one maybe?
                          Rob

Comment

You were all right lads had a look this morning and the steering belt has broke, darn it.

Comment

Working...
                            X