Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Hornet
    Plumb Bob's got it right.
    You have to be supremely dense to be employed in the post office. They struggle to read. If I had a £ for every letter that has a different road on it...............
    These guys are 1 step up from a security guard, which they become after doing too much thinking at the post office.

Just to clarify are you saying Posties are more dense than Security Guards, or Security Guards are more dense that Posties.

Be VERY careful with your reply here.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

You have to be supremely dense to be employed in the post office. They struggle to read. If I had a £ for every letter that has a different road on it...............
      These guys are 1 step up from a security guard, which they become after doing too much thinking at the post office.
      Excuse me young man My son is at the moment a security guard and he, like The Vagrant applying for the post of a postperson is not supremely dense as you put it
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        I applied for a job a couple of weeks ago as a Postman . I had to spend an hour filling in an online CV and all the usual that goes with it . I then had to do 2 15 min online tests . I finally got a reply to my application , Thanks, no thanks . Blimey , how qualified do I need to be to put an envelope through a letterbox !!! Never even a written letter or phone call from start to finish , all done online and by e-mail.
        Back to the job section again.
        You will be known as PAT then! Ive applied for around 70 Jobs 99.9% dont respond. Its SOUL DESTROYING
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

I was a postwoman for 4 years, now I know I'm not Einstein but I am definitely not dense.

My Dad worked for the Post office for nearly 30 years and my Uncle for a lot longer. My Uncle was a very highly thought of Union Rep, but he was still a postman.

So obviously I come from a family of idiots.

Comment

You have to be POLISH to be a POSTPERSON these days
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

It's my experience of them. I have to manage these people at work. I can only say as I find.

Comment

The post workers were on a 24hr strike on friday, due to pay/job losses, and without getting into a union debate the jist of it al is that they are having to steamline the way it works with new technology to be able to compete with the private sector, so they need to shed up to 40,000 jobs over the next few years, most of which they hope will be via volentary redundancies.

So I don't think they will be taking on any new labour for a while, and the internet based inquiry form is just standard blurb that they keep running and probably keep your details and test score on file for future reference.
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                X