Webspace - suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500mb whoa!

Well I would also recommend www.123-reg.co.uk for a domain name, they are really cheap.

I have 30mb free with my Blueyonder account, so I simply use the 123-reg site and site-forwarding. That way I only pay for the domain name (a pittance), and get free webspace, and visitors don't get plagued by pop-ups and ads that I didn't put on the site.

I also have email forwarding to my hotmail account, so that works out free too!

Not that I am a cheapskate you understand, but the money for the new turbo has got to come from somewhere!!

Cheers

Rob G
    www.HitEnter.Co.Uk

Comment

I use

http://easily.co.uk/

I've got about 3 names with them at present and they forward to my isp webspace. Never had a problem with them, but not sure about webspace with them.................but worth a butchers at their site.

Fieldsy

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        I've filled up all my freeserve freebee space, with two different accounts, plus can't get to it now to update it as no longer a freeserve customer. Lindas BT space is full, so if you want me to keep scanning and posting pics of how to fix your Surfs, we need more space.

Just attaching them is a waste of the forum webspace, and I prefer them big in the threads, so need somewhere to host them.

plus have some good 10meg video clips to host.
        Tony,I have a couple of web pages with Freeserve,would it be possible to upload mp3s onto any of these sites or are they restricted?
        Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
          Tony,I have a couple of web pages with Freeserve,would it be possible to upload mp3s onto any of these sites or are they restricted?
          You can upload anything till the max limit of your web space, they don't worry what it is.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Update:-

In the end we went with 123-Reg for the Domain name and Valuehost for the hosting. So far Valuehost have been spot on!!!

Thanks for all you help!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
              I run Linux (Fedora Core) on a partition of my PC at home for testing web apps and quite frankly it knocks Windows XP into a cocked hat. If it wasn't for wanting to run MS Office then I'd transition the whole machine over to Linux and throw the XP disc out of the Window (although XP is pretty good for an MS product, at least it doesn't crash 10 time a day like Windows 98 used to).

Cheers
              Not to go off topic, but why don't you use Open Office to open MS Office products, the only thing it don't have is an equivalent of Outlook.
              There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
                Not to go off topic, but why don't you use Open Office to open MS Office products, the only thing it don't have is an equivalent of Outlook.
                I do but the outlook thing is a problem, can't get onto the office email through the Open Office email client. OO is good for everything else though.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wibblywobbly
                  Well I would also recommend www.123-reg.co.uk for a domain name, they are really cheap.

I have 30mb free with my Blueyonder account, so I simply use the 123-reg site and site-forwarding. That way I only pay for the domain name (a pittance), and get free webspace, and visitors don't get plagued by pop-ups and ads that I didn't put on the site.

I also have email forwarding to my hotmail account, so that works out free too!

Not that I am a cheapskate you understand, but the money for the new turbo has got to come from somewhere!!

Cheers

Rob G
                  www.HitEnter.Co.Uk
                  I had something similar, I had a rather large bikers website that was mostly pictures, I used my wifes Blueyonder account, opened another for myself under the same account and got another 30 megs, (use the self help thingy) I also used my bbc 20 megs free and ran the whole site between the three servers but it does get a bit complicated that way ( I have given up now and just run a - gamers clan, personal, and blackmail (joke) site/s.
                  ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    I've filled up all my freeserve freebee space, with two different accounts, plus can't get to it now to update it as no longer a freeserve customer. Lindas BT space is full, so if you want me to keep scanning and posting pics of how to fix your Surfs, we need more space.

Just attaching them is a waste of the forum webspace, and I prefer them big in the threads, so need somewhere to host them.

plus have some good 10meg video clips to host.
                    You can have my 20 megs BBC account for free m8, I know its not much but I'm sure a few of us have spare url's if we all chip in.
                    ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Woodie
                      You can have my 20 megs BBC account for free m8, I know its not much but I'm sure a few of us have spare url's if we all chip in.
                      Thanks for the offer Woodie - but we've done it now! It's actually worked out really cheaply to get it all hosted in one place, and it's been great fun (if hard work) to rewrite and expand Tony's old website.
                      We've still got lots more to do, and some of the links are not working properly yet, but it's working out ok...

Check it out HERE
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X