I can safely say.... (tonyN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can safely say.... (tonyN)

I can safely say that the intermittent ticking noise from my engine is 100% not my injectors.
    after spending a good couple of hours removing the old ones and fitting the new (which i might ad went without a hic up at all. i even dropped one of the copper washers down into the black hole of an engine bay and found it quickly. i did lose one nut that held 2 fuel lines but i had a spare!)
    all started 1st time etc etc left it running blah blah drove carefully etc etc..
    bl00dy noise is still there...

although when i got to injector 3&4 i noticed there were these teeny weeny washers in the middle of the copper ones that wernt on inj. 1&2. so out come 1&2 to fit those teeny weeny thingys.
    this shows to me that they have been removed at some stage... dunno why though.
    i now think that may be this ticking noise is 1 or 2 of the valve shims. but why would it sometimes not do it at all? and its not just there or not, the volume can be anywhere in between.
    another thing that came to my mind was may be the teeney weeney washer had dropped into the combustion chamber.. but from what i see in TonyN's garage the chamber is too big to hold it there. it would of dropped onto the piston by now it this was the case. and i think the noise would be a lot more severe. and i would have engine damage for sure!
    ive covered about 4000km since this noise.
    if it is just a head shim i can only wait for it to get worse, which it hasnt really.
    i hope i can call all of you round at RTTS so you can have a listen? and may be shed some light? anyone i speak to shrugs their shoulders at it.

ps. sorry for the long post!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Bump..
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
      Bump..

Crank pulley rubbing on the plastic engine cover?

Mine was when the harmonic balancer pulley was on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Crank pulley rubbing on the plastic engine cover?

Mine was when the harmonic balancer pulley was on the way out.
        was yours intermittent? no harm in me looking down there. suppose it will be marked if it had been rubbing?
        thanks
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
        X