Wanted: Heavy(ish) Duty Storage Crates/Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Heavy(ish) Duty Storage Crates/Cases

Does anyone know any suppliers of the sort of crates as in the pic below?

Looking for some reasonable priced crates/storage boxes with integral lids, that can be clipped or locked shut and can be stacked and stood on. Found some on some sites, but nothing that is quite right and that is reasonable price (does not have to be waterproof/indestructable like peli cases which are many ££££)

Any help/links appreciated.

Thanks
    Simon
    No longer a Surf owner.

what are you looking at storing in them ?? have a look at rentacrate ,teacrate.
    my company does crates will ask if they will sell how many you looking for ??
    same crates as above companies
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
      what are you looking at storing in them ??
      Various things, mainly for off-road trips away, so some for tools/fuel/oils etc, some for my crosser gear (boots/body armour etc) stuff like that. The ones I have (just ones from homebase or wherever) are starting to fall apart so wanted some tougher ones but also need to be stackable and preferably able to stand on/sit on etc. Which some of those with inter-meshing lids like teacrate etc are not really up to.
      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

http://www.frogsisland4x4.com

This lot sell wolf boxes for about £35.

There online shop is down at the moment, but i'm sure it will be back up tomorrow.

Comment

If you can't afford the Wolf boxes (they are pretty ££££), have a look at "Really Useful" boxes - http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/index.htm

They're damn strong boxes, stackable, the lids clamp on, you can stand/sit on them and space efficient (ie they don't fit inside one another when empty - no sloping sides etc). I've got 6 of the 35 litre boxes and i used these for storing pretty much everything in the back of the Surf on my trip to Morocco.
          Quite a few places sell them including http://www.rapidracking.com/ and I spotted them in Rymans the other day.
          HTH

edit....oh, and the 35 litre ones are about £10 each. The next size up which iirc is 42 litres, would also be worth considering - i've had a few moments when i wish i'd had a bigger box
          Last edited by Rob; 29 June 2007, 01:10.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
            Does anyone know any suppliers of the sort of crates as in the pic below?

Looking for some reasonable priced crates/storage boxes with integral lids, that can be clipped or locked shut and can be stacked and stood on. Found some on some sites, but nothing that is quite right and that is reasonable price (does not have to be waterproof/indestructable like peli cases which are many ££££)

Any help/links appreciated.

Thanks
            Simon
            B&Q do them just like the one in your picture!!
            Trust your Hound.

Comment

Frogs Island shop still down so not been able to check out prices of the Wolf Boxes but they look o.k. and high-topped ones might be o.k. size-wise. The Really Usefull boxes look ideal as a cheaper alternative tho. I did see those before but they do not look that strong (especially the lid), but then I guess if they can stick a mini on top of 4 boxes as a publicity stunt then I can stand on one without it breaking! Plus cheap and available in lots and lots of sizes. So I will prob get some of those.

Thanks everyone for all your ideas, thats what I like about this forum, I can ask any old random nonsense and get some good answers!
              No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Just ordered some 84ltr ones from
                http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/onlineshop.htm

Note to others: the above site (being direct from manufacturer) is cheaper, cheaper delivery and more colour/size options than anywhere else I found online.
                No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Working...
                X