Level Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level Suspension

After spending 3 hrs yesterday and half an hour today on leveling my suspension, it is now set bang on to the factory ride height. Toyota says that this has to be done before getting the caster/camber/toe in and out done. They say the ride height has to be set to the factory setting so that the values they give for the tracking and caster/camber will be correct. They don't apply for different ride heights.

So it's all set now to go in and get adjusted.

You're a little anal sometimes huh?

I just crank the torsion bars up till the CV's cry for mercy, and whizz it down the tracking shop.

What are your ride height settings out of curiosity?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      You're a little anal sometimes huh?

I just crank the torsion bars up till the CV's cry for mercy, and whizz it down the tracking shop.

What are your ride height settings out of curiosity?

Your right Tony, I am very anal sometimes, just ask my girlfriend?

To set the truck up to the factory ride height do as follows;

Measure the height from the ground to the center of the spindle of the steering knuckle (wheel hub)

Measure the height from the ground to the center of the front side adjusting cam bolt (bolt that secures the bottom wishbone)

Subtract the two readings. The reading you need to obtain to reach the factory setting is 58.5mm (2.303in)

Comment

0.5mm accuracy, you must have some fancy laser thingy otherwise its too small to see.

However it is always nice to get things done properly so from that point of view I agree with why you did it.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
          Too much information.

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms
            0.5mm accuracy, you must have some fancy laser thingy otherwise its too small to see.

However it is always nice to get things done properly so from that point of view I agree with why you did it.

That's why it took 4 hours work of adjusting and re adjusting the torsion bars to get it right. I'm sure it's not exactly right, but I filled her to the brim with diesel so that it gave a reading with it as heavy as it will get normally.

Considering I started out with a reading of 95mm, it was far to low. I had to apply over 12 full turns on the torsion bars just to get close.

This is what the info on the sheet from Toyota says;

Adjust the vehicle height to the standard vehicle height for wheel alignment inspection.

HINT: With non-loaded vehicles, there is a difference in the vehicle height according to the model.
            Although the wheel alignment standard value changes according to the vehicle height, by setting the vehicle height to the standard height, the standard alignment value becomes the same for all models.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2

To set the truck up to the factory ride height do as follows;

Measure the height from the ground to the center of the spindle of the steering knuckle (wheel hub)

Measure the height from the ground to the center of the front side adjusting cam bolt (bolt that secures the bottom wishbone)

Subtract the two readings. The reading you need to obtain to reach the factory setting is 58.5mm (2.303in)
              The vehicle has to be on the LEVEL as even a standard water run-off gradient on any hard-standing will alter the measurements. (Most internal vehicle bays are level but most outside -driveways etc. are not!)