New tyres (and wheels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tyres (and wheels)

OK then... I've had my new Surf for about a month now, and manged to get dirty last weekend and was slipping all over the show, which wasn't surprising as the tyres it came with are in a shocking state.

After going over this site and reading up over all the tyre threads i've realised that i can replace my 265/70/15 tyres with 31x10.5x15 's without any ill effects

Firstly can someone please correct me if i'm wrong there as I don't want to waste my money! (My surf doesn't have any lift mods)

However my alloys are in a right mess as well and whilst i'm in the process of getting new tyres i thought i I could take advantage of some of these tyre/ wheel packages that you see around.

So secondly, has anyone seen any good deals around at the moment?

Originally posted by Thod
    OK then... I've had my new Surf for about a month now, and manged to get dirty last weekend and was slipping all over the show, which wasn't surprising as the tyres it came with are in a shocking state.

After going over this site and reading up over all the tyre threads i've realised that i can replace my 265/70/15 tyres with 31x10.5x15 's without any ill effects

Firstly can someone please correct me if i'm wrong there as I don't want to waste my money! (My surf doesn't have any lift mods)

However my alloys are in a right mess as well and whilst i'm in the process of getting new tyres i thought i I could take advantage of some of these tyre/ wheel packages that you see around.

Some Surfs were fitted with 31/10.5/15 tyres when they left the factory, so they'll fit with no other modifications.

Comment

wheels and tyres

im on 31 10.5 15's with only a minor (1 inch) lift i bought some kuhmo mt's and steel wheels of the net, cant for the life of me remember who but just type in 4x4 tyres on google and keep looking. my tyre and wheel came to
      £91 each corner £73 for the tyre and £18 for the wheel (all delivered). i can give the kuhmo mt;s a very definite thumbs up

try 4x4tyres.com
      Last edited by gwh200; 28 June 2007, 12:25.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Thod, I'm assuming you have a 2nd gen Surf when you mention 15" but your profile says 'N' reg. which is sort of 'on the cusp' between 2nd and 3rd gen Surfs, if it's a 3rd gen you should have 16" wheels as standard.

Comment

I got 5 Greenway Macho 31/10.50/15s on steel rims from www.colwaytyres.co.uk. They were delivered for about £450. Can't fault the tyres, virtually unstoppable off road, and pretty civilised for such an agressive tyre on road.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

bushwhacker - yeah your right i have a 2nd gen (at least i've always assumed it is) - its a kzn130

Cheers for all this info...
            i've come across this package with grizzly claw tyres at bronco

http://www.bronco4x4.com/productDeta...categoryID=138

- probably a bit excessive whist i'm on the daily commute but they do look good in my opinion - and at a reasonable price.

Comment

See my thread.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                See my thread.
                ?

Comment

i'm lost

which thread?

Comment

See my thread.
                    This should have read

See my "NEW TREAD"

Comment

i'm lost

which thread?

My thread, "New Tyres" in the general section!!!

Comment

My thread, "New Tyres" in the general section!!!
                        Funny how your New Thread went up at 15:53 and Thod posted at 15:52 who's now trying to make us look silly!!

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
                          Funny how your New Thread went up at 15:53 and Thod posted at 15:52 who's now trying to make us look silly!!

I blame that on server time lag!!

Comment

.... ..new thread.. slow connection...server ....fire wall..

You could be right...

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
                              .... ..new thread.. slow connection...server ....fire wall..

You could be right...

Comment

Working...
                              X