My Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Problem

OK ive recently been feeling a bump or a knock when im breaking and go over a small lump or bump in the road i get what feels like a knock in the steering wheel. it only seems to happen when breaking!!! there does seem to be some play in the steering rod if i give it a sideways tug at the joint thingy!! but is this supposed to happen as it looks like it has some sort of rubber bush in between. what could this be or where should i start looking to find the problem?

I'd check all the ball joints on the steering rods/idler/pitman arm. Also check your shock bushes and brake calipers.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The only thing ive spotted ir the lower ball joint on the off side looks as if the rubber has split could this be the prob??

Comment

Oh the other thing ive spotted is when driving if i pump the brake pedal it goes hard and the brake warning light comes on!!! i replaced the pads about 2 months ago and the fluid level is ok! is this related?

Comment

i had a similar thing and replaced the steering idler, and since replaced a lower ball joint, and can't say i've noticed it recently, but couldn't tell you when it got better so don't know which one it was.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Front Steering damper/stabilizer

I had similar problem in my hilux and spent big bucks doing the bushes etc and still had the problem. Then spent $150 and changed the steering damper/stabilizer "problem fixed". My hilux has a live front axle so aint that familar with ifs models. But hey its a thought
            Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Working...
            X