Just a Thankyou to TonyN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a Thankyou to TonyN

Drove to Basingstoke this morning to see TonyN about a strange noise on my Surf. Sounded to me just like small end bearing rattle.
    Turned out to be the 4 wheel drive gear stick,Doh!
    It only made the noise under acceleration and stopped when settled back down to normal cruise mode. Couldn't believe thats all it was.
    Tried it all the way home, accelerate,rattle,rattle,grab knob,no more rattle!
    Weird!! Lot cheaper than engine out and rebuild, so well pleased.
    And he wouldn't take any money!! What a star.
    Nice to meet you Tony and thanks for everything.
    P.S.
    Wouldn't even sell me some new shocks when I said I thought the ride was a bit harsh and bouncy, said it seemed fine to him.

Pete.

Grab knob, no more rattle! hehehehe!!

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixpete
      Drove to Basingstoke this morning to see TonyN about a strange noise on my Surf. Sounded to me just like small end bearing rattle.
      It only made the noise under acceleration and stopped when settled back down to normal cruise mode. Couldn't believe thats all it was.
      P.S.
      Wouldn't even sell me some new shocks when I said I thought the ride was a bit harsh and bouncy, said it seemed fine to him.

Pete.
      top bloke
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Grab knob, no more rattle! hehehehe!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          Trust you
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
            Trust you
            Vince started it.

Comment

Matt whats the floods like in barnsley?? might have to do a quick job there tomorrow!
              CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Vince started it.
                Thats it blame someone else......

Nest,,,,,,,sorry Next please
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixpete
                  P.S.

Pete.
                  It's the 4wd switch isn't it? Had that on mine, really annoying! Take it out and squirt a bit of silicon sealant into the hole, then pop it back in. Rattle gone!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                    Matt whats the floods like in barnsley?? might have to do a quick job there tomorrow!
                    Not been out today, so couldn't say for definite, but everything seems back to normal. Only thing I did hear is that there was a prob with the little bridge coming out of Wombwell Woods at the Worsbrough end. Been no rain today though, so everywhere else should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      Thats it blame someone else......

Comment

Very serious floods around Worcestershire. Amongst places I know which are flooded are Tenbury Wells (NEVER seen the high st flooded before), Upton on Severn, Bransford (NEVER seen this place flooded before).

Just seen some floods on TV in Worcestershire where the top of the roof of a Discovery was just visible. Thats DEEP!!!
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          It's the 4wd switch isn't it? Had that on mine, really annoying! Take it out and squirt a bit of silicon sealant into the hole, then pop it back in. Rattle gone!
                          Yes more the switch than the lever (thought "Knob" would start them off) Will give your tip a try, Hmm quote' Take it out,squirt sealant in hole and pop back in unquote. Sounds like we are still in the gutter!!

Works for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X